Used 2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Forester

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Built for all terrain!
By 2nd Subaru

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Subaru (other was 1998 Outback) and like it as much as the first. The interior is comfortable and exterior is sharp. I read other reviews about rattles and other annoyances and only have this to say: "If you want a quiet luxury car, spend $50,000 and shut up. If you want a very capable, fun to drive SUV that is an unbelievable value, give the Forester a shot". Firmness of the suspension lets you know that it is truly off-road capable. Engine has enough horses to get you to highway speed quickly. Sure a 5-speed transmission would be great for a little more mileage, but getting power from the engine to the wheels is more important to me than 2 to 3 miles per gallon.

Large Sunroof, sure-footed AWD, comfortable heated leather seats, heated front window and mirror, leg room for front and rear passengers

Make Satellite Radio Standard, 10-way electric adjustable passenger seat, automatic locking doors

Fun, roomy and comfortable
By Max

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru after 16 years in a five-speed manual sport wagon. I find the Forester roomy with a comfortable ride and economical on the gas. The comfortable ride and tall body give somewhat more body roll and more flexible cornering than my old stiff-sprung wagon. Unlike the old wagon, the long-travel suspension handles whatever the road dishes out without crash-bang noise and discomfort, and the Subie is more stable in bumpy corners due to this. I'm very satisfied with the 4-speed automatic which does its job smoothly and appreciate the simplicity and economy unlike some of the six- and seven-speed monsters of other brands that get no better mileage than my old Cherokee.

The Forester's economy, roominess, and sporty drive make for a very enjoyable driving experience. I can wiggle my shoulders and vary my driving position without bumping the doors or other passengers.

Interior trim could be somewhat better, but I did buy the Forester as a sport ECONOMY wagon, and the price, features, and sporty driving personality are just what I wanted.

Great Small SUV but Far From Perfect
By Craig

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my second Forester in the last 2 years. I traded in my first one after a year and a half because the X model (4 cylinder) did not have enough power for me. I upgraded to an XT turbo which is more my speed. If you are looking for any performance this is the way to go. I stayed with Subaru because they gave me a great trade in price. The XT in black suits my lifestyle, sporty & practical. The forester is great for active individuals & small families. It is an easy commuter, great visibility, easy to drive & park but it does need some improvements. The engine & transmission seem well built but the interior plastics are cheap, not the perceived Subaru ruggedness I was looking for.

XT-acceleration. Easy to drive & park in less then ideal driving conditions, rain, snow etc. Great visibility. All Wheel Drive. High ground clearance. Good luggage capacity. True sport utility vehicle- easy to carry surfboards, bikes, snowboards, skis, camping gear, groceries etc.

The interior of the Forester seems dated. It lacks luxury & technology. The interior plastics are cheap & seem to be just thrown in. I already had a gas lever & seat release button pop out. Upgrade the radio & XM antenna. Subaru uses an XM antenna that attaches to the windshield, weak reception

We're so happy
By Jeff

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

With our new White satin Pearl Forester ltd. Have had one month now and very pleased. Ride is "tight". Car seems solid. No rattles ( I was a little concerned about this after reading reviews before we purchased-but so far so good). 4 speed trans is better than expected as "sport shift" mode makes for crisp shifting and even in normal "drive " position the spacing between the gears is such that the final rpm at highway speed is not too much higher than a 5 speed might be.

Boxer engine. I really like its sound and smoothness. Panoramic sun roof. Quality steering and ride.

Power passenger seat.

Great!
By frogamigo

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I LOVE my new Forester! Fun, good looking, practical, and safe!

Huge sunroof, good visibility, comfortable seats, simple controls, smooth ride, safety features, ginormous cargo space, nice back seat, maneuverability.

Move rear view mirror up 1-2 inches. Improve fuel economy. Put gas cap on left side of car.