Does a spontaneous trek up a dirt trail for some camping sound appealing? The off-road-ready 2016 Subaru Crosstrek could be for you. Read more to learn what makes this little Subaru better than the typical crossover for heading into the wilderness.
- Standard all-wheel drive and a tall ride height give the Crosstrek relatively strong off-road capabilities
- There's plenty of room for adults in front and rear
- Gets pretty good fuel economy.
- Underperforming engine means it's one of the slowest in the class
- The CVT produces tiresome engine noise, especially when you're getting on the highway
- Sound system is outdated and substandard compared to rivals
- Hybrid model doesn't justify its added cost.