Used 2003 Subaru Baja Consumer Reviews

$8,995

Used Baja for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great for grownups too

EyeDoc, 05/31/2003
AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in my Wrangler to get better security and utility while keeping the ability to get up the mountain to work in winter. It carries 4 large bales of hay for the horse. The "switchback" opening (covered by a cargo net) gives our dogs plenty of air while letting them ride inside. Plus, with just over 10,000 miles I get 30mpg. No problems and no regrets.

Full time car, part time truck

c0yote, 06/07/2003
AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a truck, but with my 2 yr old son, was limited to a few models to choose from that had a full back seat. I didn?t need a whole lotta truck, just for the occasional trip to Home Depot, etc. So, other than having some kind of truck bed, I was more concerned with the day-to-day items (handling, fuel mileage, comfort, reliability, safety). The Baja is the only truck that excels in all of these items. Yes, I know I can?t haul 4x8 sheets of plywood, but that?s what borrowing / renting full-size trucks are for. Why buy a truck that you?ll fully use one day a year, I?d rather drive one that fits my needs for those other 364 days a year.

New baja owner

dhart, 07/01/2003
AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the Baja base model for about a week now. I sold an Explorer Sport Trac. I wanted something a bit smaller, better mileage and quieter on the road. The Baja is all of this. I think it is great. It is very quiet and smooth at highway speeds. It is much less work to drive than the Sport Trac. It is not a powerhouse, but I did not want one. I will drive this till it drops.

Nice car to buy

Ariel, 06/07/2019
AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 20k miles. It has 170k and it is still running great. The only problem is the AC. It has a leak and I have to fix it every year.

Baja

Scott , 08/29/2020
Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my BAJA October 2002 black and silver 2.5 liter with 5 speed manual transmission and have driven it 177,500 miles. Have replaced head gaskets, water pump with timing belt, the alternator went about a year ago. Most people do not believe it's that old as I keep it washed and waxed. Have had multiple offers to purchase. I use to say sell at 200k miles or 20 years. The baja will be 300k or 30 years.