Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Consumer Reviews - 185 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

I love my B-9
By Daycay

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean Edition. I loved the car but my son had a growth spurt and we kind of outgrew it. I approached the dealer and asked to trade for a B-9 because I love Subaru's and was happy with everything about the ownership experience. I am totally pleased with my B-9. At first, I thought it a little sluggish upon accelleration but a K&N permanent air filter cleared up that problem. I have the highest degree of happiness about my B-9 and the overall attitude Subaru has toward it's car owners!

Roominess, comfort, drivability.

The sluggish start cured by a different air filter has been, from what I understand from my dealer, addressed and fixed in the 2008 models

Awesome ride
By Jeff Moss

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is truly a fabulous vehicle. I am a true Subaru customer over the years I have owned a Subaru Brat, Legacy, and now the B9 Tribeca and it truly performs. Not only is it fun to drive, it is well made and very reliable. I would recommend and purchase another but I simply do not want to part with mine.

Great acceleration and braking. Quiet ride very little road noise. Sweet interior lay out. Excellent stereo.

Rear view monitor. Sometimes while backing up I wish I could see direct behind me.

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd.
By Tribeca B9

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

With only 6,000 miles on my 2006, I just had to take the car in for a complete/total re-paint! Looked almost like someone had thrown acid ALL over it. I have the champagne pearl opal. Thankfully after 2 months of negotiation, SofA has agreed to pay for a California re-paint. But as I planned to keep this car like I had my old MBZ wagon (200,000+ miles), I fear for the integrity and longevity of a re-paint. Otherwise, have liked it very much. Seems very powerful though a bit too thirsty after the diesel benz!

Head room, leg room, seat size, overall dash configuration. Location of nav screen makes so much sense. Sound controls on steering wheel. Very nice and safer too. Was hit years ago and injured badly by a guy who was fussing with stereo and hit at 40+ mph. Tribeca has some meat to it.

Not what I expected from a Subaru
By Eric

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

30,000 miles replaced struts, sway bar bushing, head pipe cracked and replaced both headlights. The interior has developed rattles all over the place. Just sold it and driving my 14 year old E320 benz until I find something else. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Interior looks real nice and it is comfortable.

Bigger gas tank and a longer warranty. Running out of the warranty is why I stopped driving it. Subarus are more expensive then a Mercedes to maintain and repair.

Great Value -- Subaru!!
By Vancouver, WA

The car drives very smooth and quiet. Great car for the money that looks good in and out, safe and fun to drive, and good on gas. Good handling and AWD is great in slippery/snowy roads. I drive about 40% city and 60% highway so I get very good gas mileage (average is 20-21) and on all of my highway trips I got 23-24 mpg. So the EPA is accurate for the highway for me. But again I drive very smoothly and try not to drive hard for no reason.

3rd row (50/50 split), fun to drive, good handling (corners nicely with a little lean), sporty and good on gas. Comfortable quiet ride. Nice Subaru.

Memory seats (already updated in 2007). I've noticed that the low beam lights are not very good in hills, not a major issue. Another improvement would be good on 3rd row seat: more positions for the seat-back and head rest. Another position for seat-back would allow more cargo space in trunk.