Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Consumer Reviews - 185 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Love the car, HATE the headlights!
By Hope Stewart

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car. Very comfortable, great ease in getting in and out of car. Smooth ride, fun to drive except at night. Low beam headlights are horrible, especially in rural Montana with not streetlights, just a lot of deer. Extremely dangerous! I have to drive with high beams to see, but this is not always possible with oncoming traffic and weather conditions. We have taken it to Subaru shop several times and another mechanic, and nothing can be done. If I had test driven this car at night, I wouldn't have bought it. The lights take away from all of the great things that I love about this car. I am afraid to drive it at in the dark, but I have to in the winter. Car is dangerous at night!

The ease of getting in and out of the vehicle. Very comfortable!

FIX the LOW BEAM HEADLIGHTS!!!

Boring
By Mari

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoyed my SUV at first, but I've experienced numerous quirks the past year. My tire pressure light flashes off and on, regardless of the actual tire pressure. I've gotten to feel like every drive I make will end up with a flat tire, I'm getting paranoid. Even if the AC/Heat is off, I still feel air coming in from the outside. The radio volume goes up and down when it wants to. The seatbelt buzz is annoying, especially when I have to "buckle up" library books and the such.The door locks have been repaired and replaced 3 times. Any one else out there having these same problems or is it just my car???

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd.
By Paul

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good ride, sturdy, comfortable (important for me as I drive 2 hours a day).

Comfortable seating, reliable.

I don't like the fact that the dashboard lights up and the running lights go on without turning the lights on. After three years it still fools me and I forget to turn the lights on. Also, sometimes hard to see when moving to the right - I have to really use the side rear mirror.

I Hate To Give It Up
By Laura

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love my Tribeca, my lease is over and I am getting an Acura MDX the acceleration on the Subaru wasn't enough for me very safe vehicle and great paint, the car looks and drives like brand new after 3 yrs. of ownership. I wish they would build a bigger Subaru that was more roomy I have 2 boys and the 4 of us just grew out of this truck. If you travel a lot get the luggage rack because it is a tight squeeze in the back.

Interior, paint, black around wheel wells stopped a lot of damage from rocks and stones.

More torque, more acceleration, backup camera, front headlight on the 06 are strange when driving in the dark on hills you sometimes can't see very well.

An opinion
By Steve

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed driving this vehicle. Tight construction, firm seats, sport shift is fun to use. To date I've averaged 18.9 miles p/gal overall driving. We had a recent 300 +/- mile highway trip and we got 22.9 mpg. I would prefer better mileage, especially today, but the vehicle has meet my expectations and I'm very pleased with it. This is my first SUV and it is truly easy in, easy out. I had my first winter with this car and it was fantastic in the snow. I would buy another one.

High seats, leather, heated seats, sport shift, good design.

The rear seating has a deeper tinted glass which is great in the sun but at dusk or in the evening when you look back the visibility is poor. I back out slowly.