Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Subaru Tribeca, great car, under-rated
By Chris V

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my B9 Tribeca, great SUV overall. The only problem it seems is the color of my SUV, I have the 2006 Gold, it's a light color gold, and it seems to have some kind of damage to the color, like it's lighter in some areas. I don't know what this is... BAD PAINT or SUN DAMAGE? Hmm. :/

The interior design, AWD, distinct exterior, great car for passengers... comfort, air, DVD.

Power lift gate, telescoping wheel, rear heated seats, pano moonroof.

Nice Family Vehicle
By PEB

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This s.u.v. is as close to my dream vehicle as I will get for a while. Beautifully designed in and out and comfortable. The only 2 things that is a very small minus is that the wipers have to be bought from Subaru unless you change the whole arm...can't fit flex or other types of wipers. Second, the power in the first generation tribeca, the B9, is a bit low for hwy passing, but still does the job. Overall...would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a four dour. We love it...beats a tiburon when you have kids!

Design in and out is beautiful. Nice wide tires. In town acceleration is very good. Symmetrical AWD.

Normal wipers, so you don't have to keep buying inserts at Subaru and more power for Hwy passing but the new Tribeca has that from what I hear.

Perfect Vehicle
By MeMe

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has met everyone of my needs and then some. I went from a Mountaineer which I liked for space but hated for gas. The Tribeca surprised me in how much room was in the back for loading and hauling. It is quiet (I drive interstate for work), smooth, and looks great. I have had minor wear and tear problems (what car doesn't) but everything has been covered by the warranty and been fixed immediately. I also get great gas mileage (have never seen it under 18 in town) and I am not overly-cautious or a slow driver! I plan on owning this car for many many years!!

I love the look of the interior and dashboard. Everything is easily accessible. The heated seats are great and the space in the back for storage is fantastic!

I would definitely fix the headlights - I will agree with everyone on that one. I would also give 2nd row more options for movement to make it easier to get into the 3rd row. Other than that please keep it the same!

Having Second Thoughts
By parrotfinalia

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this to replace a Blazer with 112K. This has been in the shop more and for "unknown issues" than the Chevy ever was. Fell in love with the styling and the kick, but the electrical system is a joke. Mileage is better then the 99 Chevy and took a 3600 mile trip that was fun the entire way. This is my first Subaru but due to the "unidentifiable" mechanical issues, I doubt I will purchase Subaru again if the company does not stand behind their product. My love for the safety, quick response and original styling is being overshadowed by the maintenance issues that should not be happening in a car that is under the 50,000 mile warranty.

Heated seats, great stability and steering. Hugs the road on curves and foul weather.

Headlight re-design should happen but the electrical/mechanical issues should warrant recalls at this point. After much reading and research, there are numerous owners experiencing similar issues. This market is NOT the time for car companies to forget customer service!!

Huge Disappointment!
By Unhappy

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Boy, am I disappointed and angry. This B9 started breaking down at approximately 40,000 miles and has not run properly since, despite four trips to the dealership. I lost all compression and had to have 2 Valve intakes, 2 valve exchanges, 13 o rings, and several gaskets replaced. It took two breakdowns to get this fixed. Now, one cylinder is not functioning. The dealership is not wanting to admit that this is a lemon and replace it as they should. I have contacted the national Subaru corporation for all the good it will do me. Be careful if you buy this auto. You too could get stuck with a lemon.