Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Limited 5-Passenger SUV Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Tribeca is the best
By Jackson W.

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Subaru is a very unusual brand for me but after taking the new Tribeca for 24 hours test drive I could not stop my self and bought one. Unbelievably stylish, great performance, nice features, great fuel economy. It is so luxurious, and comfortable. It changes the everything about the SUV we know.

Everything!

No improvements needed.

Works for Me
By Johnny Kay

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a Baja for the last two years but the innovative design just didn't meet my needs for family/pets. The B9 allowed me to stay with Subaru and get the cargo space that I needed. I find the B9 much more fun to drive than my Jeep Grand Cherokee -- better handling, better road grip, and feels more like a car than a truck. Easy access all the way around including in/out of the driver's seat (bad back). The gold is gorgeous, and I don't mind the front styling though I can see that it won't please everybody. As with the Baja, the B9 gets a lot of eye interest from others on the road. Could use a little more oomph at times, and I'd like a slightly larger fuel tank. Good mpg. Drive one.

Easy access, more than adequate cargo room, easy fold-down seats, night lights on the dash, general layout of dash/controls, smooth ride, great handling.

A few more horses under the hood, larger gas tank.

Love it
By shawn t

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After having our 2005 Outback stolen we bought the Tribeca and have been very happy with it. After owning a Lexus RX 300, I find this car as comfortable and even more fun to drive. It has taken a bit to get used to the outside look, but I am very happy with the inside. I am very happy with this car and would recommend it to anyone.

Inside room and comfort, Subaru's AWD, fit and finish, and price.

Rear back-up camera, and/or rear back-up sensors, 5-seater with NAV and DVD system (only comes in 7-seater).

Tribeca Wins with Fun Ride
By CWhyte

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

August 2005: We compared and test drove new Subaru B9 Tribeca, Highlander LDT, Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, Nissan Murano, Infinity FX3,and used Lexus RX300. Final Round was between MDX & Tribeca. Tribeca won for us. Here's why: Better handling, especially in sudden high speed manuvers. Slight lean never gets worse than slight. Quick, accurate steering and shifting response. 255/55/18 Tires w/ 18" wheels contribute. Fun to Drive: Std auto trans adds "sport" mode AND " Manual mode". Zoom. (But Murono 'shiftless' trans is cool!) Ground clearance: 8.4" allows a some off road adventure confidence. Features & doo-dads: All the rest being about equal or better than the competitors.

5 passenger w/ flat folding rear seats, "manual" shifting, VERY NICE interior design and layout. Nimble handling for SUV. (But, MDX was quicker) This is NOT the Subaru you know - It is significantly improved. This "crossover" SUV, crosses luxury vehicles and the utlitarian Subaru capibilites

Glove box is tiny. Audio sound quality OK, not great. A real Trip computer without NAV option would be nice. Fit & finish look like car was made by Subaru. I think the front & rear body styling is ugly.

SUV With Personality!
By Robert Brody

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Complements from everyone on the looks of this car! The B9 is a great looking SUV to my eyes. It’s both modern and retro all at once. It's far better looking than the still unattractive WRX or clunky Forester; cars that my eye never really adapted to. Good power and handling. Awesome interior and comfort. Nothing but silky smoothness. I read one owner complaining about gear hunting, but my car exhibits none of that. Switching to manual mode is done on the fly and shifts are both smooth and useful. This is nicer than any SUV under 40K. There are some compromises, but the B9 has most of it right. I'm very impressed thus far.

Offbeat styling, incredible interior, great climate control system, quiet ride, seamless transmission, very nice audio in the limited, lots of little details that all add up to a well thought out product from Subaru again.

Yes, the rear 7 seat option is a joke. The radio controls on the wheel are too easy to hit when you make a turn. The cargo cover in the back is nothing more than a flap of cloth with hooks. Rearward visibility fair at best. The middle row of seats offers only acceptable legroom.