Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Reviews - 185 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Great Features and Value!
By taris128

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife is a loyal Subaru customer, this B9 is her 3rd Subaru. The interior of this vehicle is superb. The standard features like power moonroof, AWD, curtain airbags, fog lights make it a great value. We really like the B9 styling, the exterior is very unique.

Safety, styling, fun to drive, reliable.

Fuel economy, regular 87 octane would help save money at the pump.

Love it!
By rwambold

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a picky car guy, and I love this car. I became die-hard loyal to Subaru when I owned an Outback wagon for 4 years. I traded it in hesitantly but boy am I glad I did. The Tribeca is the perfect mean between an obnoxiously large SUV and too-small station wagon. The controls are well thought-out, the engine performs smoothly and beautifully whether you are gunning it in sport or manual mode or just cruising around town, and the interior is perfectly roomy (do bear in mind this is compared to the comparatively small Outback wagon). I read some static about the exterior design when the car first came out, but I love the styling too.

Engine performs perfectly, smoothly and quietly in all kinds of driving. Handling is exceptional for a larger car, if a bit mushy at times. The car just feels well-designed at all points. The interior in particular is both attractive to the eye but also very intuitive and functional.

Agree with other reviewers that the fuel economy could be better for its class. Also the fuel tank is too small -- I drive 60 miles round trip to work every day and I have to fill it up every 5 days. Much smaller gripes include lack of real power in the stereo and a tiny, almost unusable glovebox.

owner
By Jim

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Rated as being one of the safest vehicles on the road. All wheel drive is beneficial in snow and wet conditions also. Speed and performance is good for this type of vehicle. Mileage is low - we get approx. 21 miles per gallon since owning the vehicle. Wife is driving vehicle. I'm not too pleased with the appearance of vehicle, but is handy with hatch and seats that go completely down. Very reliable and no issues whatsoever with the vehicle. GPS system is a great option if you travel frequently. We use it quite frequently. Kids enjoy seeing movies and makes the longer trips bearable for us also. We simply run to the library and have them pick out a few cds to watch.

Safety features are great. GPS is a good option also. All wheel drive adds significantly with handling of the vehicle.

Like to have a larger glove box on the passenger side.

Best Car On the Road
By Shirley

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a SUV like vehicle which allowed me to sit up higher and gave me good visibility. Needless to say I found these qualities as well as many others it in the Tribeca. It handles like a dream; comfortable/quiet ride; superior sound system, great adjustable seats.

Seats, sound system, handling, visibility, quiet ride.

Be able to charge cell phone when ignition is in off position.

Can't say enough good!
By West

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has exceeded all of my expectations. I feel like a walking Subaru commercial as people stop me in parking lots and ask about the car. It rides smoothly, handles well and has an opulent interior.

Beautiful interior with great amenities! Stylish exterior. Runs smoothly and handles responsively. The best car I've ever owned.

Rear visibility takes some time to get used to. Also, I drive with my right arm on the arms rest; it is impossible to do with this vehicle. The driver's seat has so many controls, a memory key would be practical.