Used 2013 smart fortwo Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 smart fortwo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific fortwo model:

Our smart fortwo
By Bruce Duvall

2013 smart fortwo passion cabriolet 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I purchased this car to tow behind my Motorhome. It is really a hoot to drive. It handles very well and holds the road like glue. The brakes stop very well. And the steering is nice and firm.

Great for car for high school student college
By graham security

2013 smart fortwo passion coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Should have been flushed along time ago
By Chaz Jasperson (Fool who didd'nt buy the VW)

2013 smart fortwo passion cabriolet 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Girls think its "cute" only because their boyfriends inform them that its really a pile of crap wrapped in a poorly snapped together plastic body [non-permissible content removed].This "CAR" makes you think it was the model car you snapped together in your youth. But trulley in comparison your plastic model was much better built than this the item your future wife plans on taking those summer night cruises up to make out point in. Yes, I too was once fooled by the thoughts of cheap car insurance (ha ha ha $600 yr) ,great mpg (ha ha ha 25-28mpg) , no dents or scratches always a shiny exterior (ha ha ha plastic "MELTS" and scratches it does and you cant buff them out), most of all thoughts that my piers would be proud of me for making such an economical and responsible choice in my pick of go to a and b and back cars..... hummmmm now crying wishing I'ld got that VW bug insted :*( (my piers laugh at me every time I try to drive by but mostly while I'm waiting on the tow truck so I can get to my 2nd Job at the greasy burger shop (to pay this plastic turd off and flush it once and for all). Please I beage of you if your spouse is considering this mistake please just walk them down memory lane (yupperz the recycling center at the local dump) here you'll find most "DUMBAZZ KARZ" starting their new lives (or where they should had always been) as a Shiny new dash pad of a VW BUG!!!!!

2013 SMART FORTWO PURE
By KEN

2013 smart fortwo electric drive coupe 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I use this car for transportation too and from work..i drive 82 miles a day, round trip. And it's all highway driving..it cruises nice at 70-75 mph...excellant comute car...it feels right at home on the highway...just love it!!

smart EV
By luvmysp23

2013 smart fortwo electric drive coupe 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I would only recommend this as a strictly commuter car if your commute is 5-10 mi each way. Parking is a breeze in NYC where parking in anything larger than a smart is a nightmare. However, when the weather is below 35 degrees, the cabin is always cold (even with heated seats) and the heat robs 20-40% of your range if you use it consistently. The 70hp boost they claim rarely kicks in when you step on the pedal. I've had the car for 4 mo now (since Nov '13) and range anxiety has been a major problem during the polar vortex days. My commute is only 15 mi each way and I always get home with just 20% of power from a 100% charge. If the range would be 100 mi with heat/AC on, this would be perfect

rain sensing wipers, upgraded stereo sounds decent for this price point, ride height, iPhone/USB connection

Range is HORRIBLE on this EV! So is the recharge times (almost 15-16 hrs) from 10% power level. Cold temps shouldn't affect range THAT much. Tesla was able to mitigate that issue. Not sure why smart couldn't especially since many of the components were provided from Tesla. The app that lets you control climate from your smart phone, has never ever worked. I posted to smart's FB page and they responded quickly with instructions but, it still doesn't work. such a shame because that may help with the range if I can leave w/the car warmed up while it was plugged in. The Navigation is garbage. Takes about 3 minutes to load before you can even enter an address and the GPS signal is mega weak