2009 smart fortwo Consumer Review: WORLDS FINEST GO CART WITH AC

2009 smart fortwo - Consumer Review

BRABUS cabriolet Convertible (1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Automated Manual)

WORLDS FINEST GO CART WITH AC AND AIR BAGS
By brabus4two on

2009 smart fortwo BRABUS cabriolet 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I picked it up in Vegas in 2012 with only 6100mi. and went straight to the strip that evening with the top down and the Biggest Smile on my face! This Brabus stole the show from the worlds finest automobiles as everyone was looking and pointing! This car satisfies my desire for a car, a motorcycle, and a Go Cart...The transmission is "different" relax and let it do it's job while you do yours Smiling...Want to go faster then use the paddle shifter!
And those who say AC is weak need Freon, it was 113 and I had to turn it down and windows are not tinted! After a year I still haven't hit 7,000mi yet...I love the car so much I can't bare to put miles on it...So I treat myself now and then

BRABUS LONGTERM UPDATE:

Well I gave up trying to keep the miles low cause I love to drive the car so much!

I've had Absolutely ZERO Problems in the last 57,500mi, all I've done is Mobile One 15W50 every 10k, and a set of tires.

At 50,000 I started began doing Mobile One Oil Changes every 7,500mi

My wife TO THIS DAY will not admit she likes driving it! But she's always behind the wheel for some reason??? She and my 82yr old Mom always come flying down the drive like they are in a Nascar race!

And that works for me as it keeps the miles off, and holds the value of our ML350 Bluetec...

Our favorite use for "Smarty" is driving her into our 45' 5th Wheel RV Garage and using her like a golf cart when we arrive at the campgrounds!

We're always the ONLY "Golf Cart" with AC, and the only one that can "Legally" leave the campgrounds and drive on the main roads!

Will never sell or trade as the New Body Style Smart is Larger and in my opinion not as cute...

Lastly, I wouldn't like it nearly as much or own it at all if it were not a convertible...

There's nothing like crusing on a nice evening with the top down!

It gets a pretty consistent 38mpg running 70mph. Never put anything less than 93 Octane or you will be Sorry!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By franktracy
on 12/08/13 06:36 AM (PST)

Awesome review! I feel you enthusiasm.