Used 2008 smart fortwo Consumer Reviews - 185 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 smart fortwo

View reviews for a specific fortwo model:

Wrecked passion
By happy owner

2008 smart fortwo passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I have my passion for 5 weeks now. Two weeks ago while pulling through a green light we were hit in the left front (front end is gone) at approx 50 miles per hour. The car did what it was designed to do. We both walked away with a few bruises. Nothing serious. Damage is over 7,000.00. The police thought there were going to be serious injuries. Well built car.

Well built

upgrade carpet

smart fortwo
By BumbleBee

2008 smart fortwo passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

It is a very well designed car with some quirks. The herky-jerky transmission goes away after you get used to what it wants to do versus what you want it to do and understand how to take control. There have been some teething problems as can be expected with a totally newly designed car. That does not take away from the fun of driving it and the savings in gasoline that goes along with it.

It is fun to drive, gets great gas mileage and favorable pricing.

Cruise Control, Cruise Control and Cruise Control (hopefully as an add-on accessory for those of us who already have the car). And smooth out the transmission shifting.

Brilliant design and practicality!
By david wayne

2008 smart fortwo passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Drives great on the highway. Gas economy and driving capacity is under rated on car reviews. Averaging 44 mpg in town and speeds up when needed for highway traffic. Comfortable and luxurious inside and much more space than I expected for storage. Brilliant and well thought out design. Love that I will never get a dent on the plastic panels too.

Automatic windshield wipers and heated leather seats, traction control, stereo and convertible roof designing is superb. Transmission is a dream.

Add a bout 50 lbs to the front body for heavy winds. Pad the convertible roof a little more for sound. Add another power jack in back compartment. Make glove box bigger.

By Kate

2008 smart fortwo passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

This was to be my husband's car. I have a Toyota Highlander because low passenger cars are difficult for me to get into because I have bad knees. But I drove it for a day until he sold his truck, then another day, then he wondered why the FOR SALE sign kept disappearing from his truck! I LOVE IT! We compared and the seat is almost as high as the Highlander! It is very easy to get in and out of for me. A review we read said that it was built higher than Hondas and Camrys. It will be a very sad parting after a week of zipping around the town with our big Golden Retriever "Cruzer" riding shotgun! He thinks everyone is looking at him so he is a proud guy too.

Leather steering wheel, heated seats, turning radius

Move the clock from the Odometer dial.

My Smart Car Picachu
By Kurt

2008 smart fortwo passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I fell in love with the look in Rome, so as soon as I found it was coming to America I signed up for one. This is one of my best decisions ever. Actually I love to drive it in the Highway, the only thing this car lacks is cruise control. People love to look at it, and it certainly brings smiles to peoples faces. Love my Smart.

All of the safety features. Size.

Cruise control.