The vehicle is made w/o a filter and debris clogged my air conditioner drain twice. $600 later times 2, I'm getting rid of it. I don't care to have the condensation from the air conditioner draining on my feet!
Purchased this vehicle during "Cash for Clunkers" (Thank you to all tax payers). Inside space is excellent; I am 6'1" and my head does not hit the roof > amazing. Got the Release 2 model in Wasabi Green > nice. Radio w/GPS, accent lights are main adds. I get about 36 mpg at 70 mph most times. Looked at Honda Fit; decided not be yet another Honda sheep.
I haven't seen anyone review who's owned their xD for a while.
I bought mine brand new in December 2008.
(I remember some of the reviews I see here from my research!)
I test drove both the xD and the Honda Fit the same day.
I was not impressed with the Fit, and fell in love with the xD after I made a right hand turn out of the dealership-the car takes turns beautifully.
Since then, the performance has remained steady-surviving long trips and daily commutes.
It's run excellently and has only had oil changes thus far.
I just had my first problem today-the car wouldn't start-going into the dealership tomorrow.
I wish it did a little better in snow/ice-it's kind of wimpy.
The car is great over all.
- major problem is the front seats hurt my lower back after 30 min or more drives. the lower back support has a hard bar that hurts. like a fold out couch sofa that has a bar going through the cushion in the middle. The lower cushion is not big enough and leaves my legs hanging. No adjustment for leg height. I am 5'9'' and 170 lbs girls may not have this problem.
i just replaced the seats yesterday with$500 TC seats set
- fast for economy car.
- i get 26 city and 32 hwy, i drive a little fast
- great quality, just the sun visor has a line looks unfinished
- Great look inside and out.
- small like a SUV that was shrunk down.
- cargo good
Tottally worth the money!!!
I have the 2009 model, I drove to Kingsport TN from Hudson, NC...all mountain terrain and still got a whopping 33 mpg...I do have the 5speed though. I loved the way it drives and that it fills up for 40.00. I would drive my scion anywhere short distance or long distance.