Used 2009 Scion xD Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xD Hatchback

View reviews for a specific xD model:

Traded in my Clunker!
By Audrey in Oregon

2009 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just got my new XD with the "Cash for Clunkers" program. They gave me $4500 for my 16-year old minivan with 165,000 miles on it. Love it so far. So fun to drive! My dog (Lab) does miss all the room in her van, but the back seats can be easily laid flat, and she'll have plenty of room in the new car.

I Pod connection, fuel economy, overall bang for the buck!

Leather seating option

Love My Car it Is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By PRBEBA

2009 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I went into the toyota dealer looking for a car that I had rented in PR when I was on vacation. It was the Yaris very good on fuel. Kept looking and saw the new release XD which I fell in love with because the color was green which is my favorite color. I spoke with a scion rep. decided to get the scion XD. Great on gas. Size is perfect for me, i'm only 4"11 so it's just the right size for me. I highly recommend this car to all. It has every thing you need.

The color green, great on gas comes with everything you need. This is the Release model.

Think it was made just right, maybe a little bit more space in back seat from the hatchback door. Would had loved to have even more accessories for my car. The carbon fiber gas door etc..................

Very pleased !!
By D.B

2009 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a sporty, efficient yet practical car. I would highly recommend it. The manual tranny gives more of a driving experience. Accessories are hard to get at an affordable price. Responsive steering and handling. In my opinion has plenty of power. It gets up to speed quickly. Has way more options than the competition, I.E. ABS brakes, power door/windows, etc. By far the best value out there.

Driving experience and ABS.

Slightly taller cab roof.

love my little roller skate
By fufi

2009 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had my Scion since April but after 4000 miles I'm still enjoying every minute of it. I was looking for a good quality small car for a decent price how could you go wrong with a product of toyota. I am planning on owning this vehicle for a long time I hope the brand holds up to its reputation.

I love the cool look of the interior having an Aux port and ipod port definitely get use outta both. I bought am aftermarket armrest from ebay works just fine for me. Overall great car fun to drive without a doubt.

My only major complaint is the rough ride living in Chicago ("the city of pot holes and bad roads") it really can take those bumps and cracks pretty hard. But as I said before I still love my little roller skate. LOL

In a double rollover!
By Kerry

2009 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

T-boned (broadsided,) out of state, rolled twice, wrapped around a light pole. No broken bones! No broken windows!?!?! What a sturdy little beast.

Saved my life, my daughter and son-in-law's lives.