Used 2008 Scion xD Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xD Hatchback

View reviews for a specific xD model:

Tires are garbage
By cfeather

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Research this carefully. The Goodrich tires that came on this vehicle new are garbage. Had to be replaced at 24 K. But there are only 2 manufacturers who make a tire for this car. Both are garbage. So what good is reliability, fuel efficiency, etc. if the tires are failing? New tires (Dunlop) were $600 at dealer cost. Wheel bearing went out on my XA at 32K, so I have that to look forward to next! GM parts used on these cars, so this is to be expected.

Compact, fuel efficient and great value.
By agalcowa

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I stumbled upon the Scion Xd while looking for a Honda Civic and Mazda 3. The Scion is most different from the Mazda, but is similar to the Civic in the following ways: reliability, fuel efficiency, and compact size. The car is decently built for a compact car. It shares many components from the Toyota Corolla (engine, tranny, etc) and knobs and other items from the Rav4. For any 4-cylinder car that doesn't have a turbo, I recommend the manual for better control and performance, especially when merging onto the freeway. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my Scion and glad that I found it.

Fuel economy (I average 30 in the city and 38 on the highway), I find the driver's seat pretty comfortable and I'm 6'3". This isn't the type of car I would call amazing, but for my daily commuter it's more than I could ask for.

The biggest downside of the Scion Xd is the road noise - the engine sound and road noise is louder than I prefer. I plan on keeping the car for a while, so I'm going to install some Dynamat which should reduce the noise substantially. I wouldn't have purchased a Civic or Mazda because of the noise though.

Hidden Gem
By Scrapster

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Last week I traded in my Scion tC for an xD. Although some would consider that a "downgrade," the new car fits me much better. So far, I love it! Fun to drive, fantastic fuel economy, solid build quality--I can't understand why these aren't more popular.It has more life than the Versa, Yaris or Matrix, and feels more solid on the highway than the Fit. Okay, I will concede the car's one major flaw--it is most comfortable for shorter drivers. But to me, that's a plus compared to my old tC where I could barely see over the doors! Still, with a seat height adjuster or telescoping steering wheel, the xD would cater to more people.

Tremendous pick-up and braking ability for a high MPG car. Feels smooth and stable.

Interior fabrics could be better. Suspension is just a little soft on quick turns, but that can easily be fixed with an inexpensive upgrade. Also, I too noticed a strange harmonic wind problem when driving with the back windows open. Need to experiment with that one more.

Great Commutte Car
By Joncab

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Great car have not had any issues and now has 34,000 miles. Easy to buy with fixed pricing.

Mileage is great. Fun to drive. Reclining rear seats, hatch back, easy to buy. Most features are standard.

Needs center armrest Too much road noise on hwy. Rare tire size. Cheap hub caps.

2008 XD auto
By simonccny

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

got this car for $12000, 13k miles , i would say it's a good deal. the car is fun to drive, totally would fit scion's market. i am a 26 years old guy, and have no eager to buy those camery.

easy handling, save gas, nice audio speakers.

more power is needed. the Rims can be better