Used 2008 Scion xD Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xD

View reviews for a specific xD model:

Amazing Bang for the Buck
By PA

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We were in the market for a small, affordable car with decent space and high mpg. The xD price tag impressed us but when you add in all of the features that are included with the price such as the functionality of the interior (sliding and folding rear seats), the electronics (trip computer, cruise, great stereo with steering wheel controls and aux/iPod inputs), and the solid handling and engine, the car is a huge bargain. It really feels substantial on the road and the power is much better than expected. It's actually fun to drive and doesn't look like every other car out there! The gas mileage is excellent so far. The xD may very well become our car for long trips now.

Driving feel, trip computer, stereo, rear space, gas mileage, unique interior/exterior design, first two oil changes are free. PRICE!

Height adjustable driver seat, telescoping steering wheel.

2008 Scion Xd
By Xdvnt

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I picked up the Xd last month after the rising price in gas was making it impossible for me to keep my old vehicle. Went from a Nissan Titan to the Xd and I couldn't be happier. It's so fun to drive. Very sporty and nimble. Lots of get up and go for such a small engine. I was pleasantly surprised at how much room it has inside too. I'm 6'2" and fit in it with no problems at all. When I first purchased it, all I could think about was how much I was going to miss driving my truck. Now, much to my surprise, I enjoy driving the Scion more than I did my Titan. And the mileage is great. So far the lowest tank I've had has been 35 MPG and I have a tendency to keep my foot in it a lot. Very pleased.

How fun it is to drive. Very sporty feeling with a good amount of pick up to it. All the extra features, both safety and convenience, that come standard with the car, the styling.

Height adjustment on the driver and passenger seats. While the interior room is very spacious, it would be nice to adjust the seat height to exactly where you want it instead of it being a set height.

Great MPG & fun to drive!
By flyers2008

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is one great car to drive! Plenty of power and I'm getting 32 MPG in suburban driving. The kids fit great in the back, even w/car seats and the cargo area can hold a packed ice hockey bag w/o a problem.

MPG, smooth ride, power

The shifter should light up at night. Hard to tell what gear you're in until you get used to it at night.

Lot better then honda
By Cal

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a couple of weeks ago. My first choice was a Honda Fit, but after dealing with Honda they would not compete with the price of the Scion XD. The Xd is a lot better than the Honda fit, more options, better ride, better price. I would highly recommend this car. Excellent gas mileage, Toyota "SCION" cannot be beat...

Gas mileage, Room, Looks, stereo, PRICE

Need Arm rests.

Top Notch!
By Nate

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We just purchased this car last month for a gas saver (Previous vehicle a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado ext. cab) -- Skeptic at first, however I was wrong! This car is not only very good on gas, but it shows quality at every turn. From a guys point of view I must admit I have ended up being the prominent driver (no regrets). Toyota has really landed a nice concept of "a lot of car for your money". It is no wonder that they (Toyota) have secured the title of the number 1 auto manufacturer in the world. Domestic auto makers should take not. Bottom line for those considering... "Economical doesn't mean cheap!" (or boring)

Turning radius, Gas mileage, No blind spots

Should offer a sun roof and a little more passing power. Good power-to- weight ratio.