Used 2009 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Love My Scion XB
By Susan Donatelli

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had my Scion XB for a week, but I just love the way it handles making turns, sitting in it is so comfortable, gas mileage is very good. It has so much room. It drives so smooth that I have to watch my speed because I don't realize that I'm going that fast. The drivers door arm rest could be a little higher but that isn't a big deal. Definitely would recommend it.

short people problem
By RatAttackTeam

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Hard decision - xB or xD I bought the xB as the seat is adjustable, just not high enough. Maybe if the side mirrors weren't so big, they leave blind spots. Also I need to have the seat way forward so now window controls are hard to find and door arm rest too low. Otherwise I love the drive, ease of turning, gas mileage in town and instrument panel. Rides nice on our horrible streets too.

Love the digital readout & off set instrument layout. Easy loading stuff in the back and very happy with mileage!

Separate clock, higher seat adjustment, better door armrest & one for passenger on seat. Make middle compartment bigger so loose the extra what ever on the cup/mp3 holder.

Scion xB 2009
By sbs56

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very pleased with my xB - averaging 28+ mpg - 50/50 around town & highway driving (what is "so-so" about that?) - I'm sure it will average 30+ mpg on a long (highway) trip. Practical and fun to drive - 2.4L has plenty of pep. Interior is sparse but functional. I like the 2008+ body style - I receive a lot of compliments and there is plenty of room inside. I don't find the center mount gauges distracting and the steering wheel position is just fine. I find it interesting that "professional" reviewers generally knock the car yet actual owners love it.

Appearance, fuel economy, fun-to-drive

Offer interior upgrades, revisit pricing for options (way too high...)

Nice ride but with Fixable flaws
By GPituch

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am pleased but not “super excited” with my Scion so far. I have just under 5K on it and have a good feel for the ride. I, HONESTLY, could use more leg room and I’m only 5'9". I find it difficult to get comfortable. The interior of my 05 Corolla has more width between the center console and the driver’s door. Sort of weird considering how big the rest of the interior is. It has nice pick up and handling. I’ve done two checks on the mileage thus far. One all around and one this past weekend for a highway trip of about 200 miles one way, 400 total. Mileage was much less that what I expected. All around was about 22 and Highway was only 24! (actually 23.5) Pretty bad if you ask me.

Nice stereo, head room, cargo space, handling, pick up, style and looks...really nice to look at, reliability, Ipod hook up, cool interior design.

Armrests for adults not children, mileage, better lighting in interior, mileage, leg room, Road noise, Mileage, Roof noise when it rains...way too loud, Arms rests for passenger too, Stand alone clock, Oh....and better mileage. I'm not sure how everyone else was getting the mileage they say.

Can't Go Wrong
By Bob S

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2006 Mini Cooper for this little Limited Edition Absolutely Red Xb and I have no regrets! This car is value packed, and offers practicality at an affordable price! This edition comes with a built in navigation system that is great (equal to my Garmin), bluetooth, etc. and is a joy to drive. Previous to buying, I looked at the Honda Element, Kia Soul, Nissan Rogue, and Mini Clubman and for the value, Scion was the clear choice! The pickup is great, the interior is well thought, and the materials used are better than I would have got if I had purchased another make...

Nav system, bluetooth, spacious interior, made by Toyota!

Make a sunroof an option that is a bit more affordable! My dealer wanted $1300!