Used 2009 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Scion xB Special Release 6.0
By xBR6.0303

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is more a mini minivan than a urban sedan. As a 40-something couple with a toddler, this car fits us nicely. We bought this car because it met ours needs for reliability, affordable price, interior room, good power on hills, adequate gas mileage (barely), & overall value. After 4k miles and plenty of reflection, I would still buy this car, but with different options: Base car in blue, Standard radio-touch screen version is difficult to use, Upgrade suspension, C-pillar & rear net storage (have), Rear seat/cargo area cover (have), Splash guards/wheel flares (ebay), auto dim rear view mirror (far to reach), all weather floor mats, and see other stuff below.

The xB came with a nice list of standards features that s impressive to over 40 crowd but is probably expected by the under 30 buyer. Lots of room for each passenger; Great head room for loading/unloading children in car seats; Storage under rear seat; Plenty of zoom-zoom.

Excessive body roll on curvey roads - include the TRD rear anti-sway bar and front strut tower brace as standard; larger rear and side mirrors; Seats have poor design/cushioning/cheap coverings, and no options for other. Seats are adequate but we're concerned about comfort on trips and durability.

my 09 xb
By dennis pepper

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We love the xb. Inexpensive. Simple pricing. Comfortable. Excellent acceleration. Roomy and a blast to drive. Average mileage for the first 1500 miles is 25.9. Really like all the accessories that are available. Kind of like getting your 1st Harley and then start adding chrome etc. I'm buying another one this week for myself.

comfort. power and roominess.

a little more sound deadining in the footwell and dash area.

Plesantly Surprised
By S. Ellis

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my xB because I needed something 'family' sized and though I wasn't too keen on it's looks, I had heard great reviews from a friend who has an earlier model. Overall, I think it's a great value, good fuel economy, great handling, lots of interior space, and the guaranteed reliability of a Toyota (of course). I think it's a great vehicle for someone with a small family or someone who wants a different kind of small suv/wagon.

Handling, reliability, fuel economy, acceleration, interior space, lots of customizing options.

Available AWD, exterior styling, larger middle compartment

Review the Star
By Victor M.

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

No reservation with the 09 Scion I am delighted with the buy, would of love a 5 speed shift but its my work car and the reason for purchasing the car was for economic reason. The Scion has proven after three weeks of ownership a bit of a good move on my part. Economy is great, roomy, and fun to drive. The 2.4 engine make the Scion get and go, economy of the car is really see at the low speeds, the automatic trans could use an additional gear, keeping the RPMs around 1.8k when on the highway and would make the Scion that much more economic for highway use, but with a tight engine I got 315 miles on the first out of town trip. Please do not misunderstand the Scion is good on gasoline

Steering, good corning, fine Air Cond, silver color, and overall looks

a five speed automatic transmission for lower RPMs on highway speed (65 mph and above)

awesome joy ride
By hotmama

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I owned this car for almost 9 months now, and so far I do really enjoy the comfort of my car, sometimes id Rather seat in the back if my sister can drive for me nor my friends because the seats are so comfy specially the back seat. And its gas saver and the a/c is really really cold and I have plenty of room in the back, I need it for my son's stroller. And I really recommend this car you will never regret it.

I had to get my own cd player I got mesmerize with the player I saw in the catalog so I had to get it. Which I did. They will install it for you for free too.

so far nothing to improve it's all perfect for me. thanks