Used 2009 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Balance the car
By JBE

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the XB but it needs some visual balance. First the single backup light needs a partner to balance the bumper. Also, annoying is the fact only one armrest is provided but at least it is for the driver. And one final" want" for my XB would be dual pipes to really make a power statement. I guess it is the old v-8 mindset that I grew up with in the 60s.

The highway ride feels great. I drive an HHR for my job and altho pleased I prefer my XB because of the better view and more space in the interior.Also I like the XB because there is not a saturation of them on the road as compared to the PT cruisers and HHRs.

I already stated at the beginning of my missive.

Not great but a good compromise
By Ron

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just finished reading a review about the Soul,Cube, and the XB. Scion is head over shoulders over the competition. I love the comfort, unlike Honda’s board covered up with fabric, when you sit on a Scion you feel like you’re on your lazyboy at home not as though you’re in some Chinese torture camp bench. Safety was a must for me, side curtain airbags, dual airbags, ABS, VSC, 4 wheel disk brakes, etc. I also love how everything is included in the pricing, none of this “oh you wanted a steering wheel? Well that’s extra” crap. This thing is loaded. Gas mileage. The 4 speed automatic transmission has got to go and be replaced with a 5 speed. This is key for MPG. As it stands now the gas mileag

e is tolerable but I wouldn’t call it good. I’m getting about 24 miles to the gallon. Also, people putting mileage figures on here don’t be lazy, do the math and don’t just put up what the trip computer tells you up here! Overall good vehicle, I have 2 teenagers and they fit well.Buy a hitchitsgreat

The driver arm rest is a joke The one backup light is retarded add another one for better visibility Fix Gas light to turn on when only 1 gallon remains and the new little red light Ford has for the blind spot would be awesome as there is a blind spot on the XB. Be the original and not the copy.

It was worth the Change!
By stormancast

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car had pretty much what I was looking for. 1. Space the back seat room is bigger than my wife 2002 Durango, 2. Good size cargo area, 3. Decent engine size/Power, and 4. Decent Mileage. I have already put 1800 miles on and enjoy driving it. It has a lot of of spunk and great turn radius. I did my research and test drove many compact cars that was in the same price range. Nothing seemed to compare to the XB. When I work from Home my wife steals it from me. The only negatives would be the arm rest, the power plug needs the key in the ignition and door console needs to be higher. overall I love the car.

Room in the car, Performance, steering wheel control. shelf underneath the back seat.

Improve the armrest and add one for the passenger, add another power plug that does not require key in the ignition. Raise the door console.

Way better than the old XB
By sigjuliussen

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just replaced my old 06 XB with a 09 and I love my new one way more. I'm getting 25 mpg in the city and 31 on the highway. It is more stable on the highway and feels much more substantial of a car. I get almost as much MPG out of the new one and way more power.

Interior Room Front and Back, The extra power, up from 103 horsepower to 158

sunroof

this is a drivers car
By vb xb

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2009 xb last year and I love it. This car is great on gas despite what the critics say, I average 28 mpg with the 5 speed manual. I needed something bigger than a car to carry my tools but still got good gas millage and was sporty. I get compliments all the time on its looks and back seat space. I want to add the trd clutch, shifter and maybe the intercooler eventually but I am really happy I bought this wagon. The cd player upgrade is a must for any die hard music lover, I got mine upgraded for free! Thanks checkerd flag Toyota. All in all this is one bad a$$ little toaster and I know it will last me for years to come.

the 5 speed manual, cd player and the head and leg room im six two and feel great driving this on long trips.

better lighting inside and maybe passenger arm rest