Used 2008 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Great Family Car
By Krystal

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car. Easy for moms to get kids in and out. The headlights are a pain. It has a distinct line in your vision where it all the sudden goes from light to pitch black. Not good for traveling to places you've never been cause you can't see road names until you are right up on them. But for everyday around the town driving its great.

Easy for my daughter to get in and out by herself. Makes my life easier because we have a 2 month old.

Fix the headlights for further viewing distance and add another back-up light because you can't always see and others don't see it when you are backing up.

Great car for the price
By mikey

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought a 2008 xB as our family car (we have 1 small child), and so far it has been wonderful. We just recently took a very long trip across the country, and the dual DVD monitors really came in handy keeping our son entertained!! Fuel economy is good, performance is great, love the iPod hookup and folding rear seats!!

iPod hookup, DVD monitors, airbags all around

Multiple speeds for front and rear wiper delays

Scion Got It Right With the 2008 XB
By Mary

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2005 XB and always hoped Scion would make some improvements. I'm proud to say they got it right with the improved 2008 XB. I traded my 2005 XB in May, 2007 for the 2008 XB. The improved model boasts a larger, 2.4 engine with A+ pickup. Tighter, smoother suspension and a quiet, roomy cabin make this car a true delight to drive. I've added alloy wheels, rear bumper guard, rear sway bar and Sirius satellite radio. I like the extended trunk room and revised dashboard. The price is right for all the extras, quality and satisfaction you'll find with the 2008 XB. It also handled the road very well in the Western New York/Buffalo winter. I have no regrets buying the 2008 XB.

It's all good! Love the bigger engine, seats are very comfortable, roomy cabin, tighter stability and road handling. The cabin is nice and quiet. Easy to enter and exit the vehicle. It has great pick up on the open road. Favorite Feature: The smile it brings to my face when I'm driving my XB!!

I wish the gas mileage was better, but with the upgrade in engine size and power, I can overlook that. I would like a better reverse/back up light. I'd also like to see heated side mirrors. Sometimes in the winter, ice would build up on the side mirrors and it would be difficult to scrape off.

Scion has made a me a customer for life!
By Brian

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Dropping down from an SUV to a small vehicle to make my commute more economical was my motivation. Scion xB has continued to amaze me as I use it for everything from Home Depot to camping. Plenty of interior space and it drives like a little sports car. What more can you ask for from a vehicle priced well below 20K that lets you do everything an SUV or truck can do. The new xB sacrificed MPG for more pep, and it's a great trade-off. I've had my xB for almost a year and its running like a champ. Getting about 25 mpg in mixed driving. If you need a little commuter car with big style and plenty of room (I'm 6'0") then this is your car.

Ipod Jack that displays on your deck, great stock pioneer system. 60-40 fold down rear seats allow me to have a car seat on one side and still fold down the other seat. lots of cubbies and cup holders. More power out of the 2.4L Camry engine.

Seriously..not much. Add an arm rest to the passenger seat. Factory roof rack for sure.

Lot of car for the money
By retmsg

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my XB for about a month and had several upgrades installed by the dealer. The upgrades are cold-air intake, front strut bar, rear sway- bar, pioneer sound system. The original 16" wheels/Goodyear tires have been replaced with 18" alloy wheels/Nitto NeoGen tires for better handling. This car has a lot of room for a big guy. I'm 6'4" and 290lbs. This is the first car I bought (other than a muscle car) that I enjoy driving. The XB is quite responsive for its size. The new engine size has plenty of power for the normal driver. I have been very impressed with the way this car is built.

The interior is spacious even for a big person.