Used 2008 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Great new wheels
By Mark

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this as a commuter to save on gas as my primary car is a Buick Lucerne cxs which is not all that easy on gas. The Scion is a big surprise for a small amount of money. Offers pretty much more than cars costing thousands more plus is a Toyota and that alone stands for long term easy motoring.

Ease of getting in and out (senior) and easy to park anywhere.

more standard color choices

Awesome first car!!
By Ryan

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My dad got the xB back in May 2007 with the spoiler and fog lights, and was his main car. A few months after, we put the TRD exhaust, racing springs, and front strut bar on, along with ASA rims and interior lights. In December 2007 I got my license, the xB, and a TRD cold air intake to go with it. Now, the handling, acceleration, sound - everything is amazing. I just can't help hitting the gas a bit to show off. The CAI sounds amazing under load. My iPod is hooked up 24/7, and I always have it playing whenever I'm in the car. Sound quality of the base stereo is great, and the bass is great, but I am looking to get a subwoofer. I'm also looking to add headers to the performance collection.

All the TRD and aftermarket stuff that's available, iPod jack, handling, massive amounts of interior space, the new looks for the 08, acceleration, engine sound with the upgrades...I love everything

There are a few rattles when i have the music turned up (volume 20-25+ or so, though I do have the bass settings maxed out). the outside front door handles rattle, and there's one inside the door panel on the driver's door which takes a firm hit to stop. But other than that, we're good.

only (2) weeks
By tom

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car for several reasons. My 06 HHR had 70K miles and was starting to FALL APART! I needed a wagon type for business giving good mileage. I purchased a Black XB and added 18" X 8.5 Enkei wheels with 225/40 tires. Tinted the front windows to match rears. So far the car is good, few complaints, can't see the radio during day light is Big issue. Arm rest is useless, trying to get dealer to install one on pass. side. Mileage about 24 average, hope it gets better. I put so many miles on a car in just a few years, I hope resale and reliability is better then HHR.

I'm 6-2 and I find it very easy to get in and out of. Met. Black and chrome wheels looks very nice. At 62 I'm way out of their target group but it fits my needs.

true center arm rest, 5 or 6 speed auto would add to highway mileage. Lighter color interior!

My Gold Rush Scion's 1st Road Trip
By Jimi Harris

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Went down to Columbia South Carolina when my Scion had less that 2000 miles on it got the first 500 miles with a tank and a half gas, it comfort and safety it was pouring rain all through NC in to Columbia. Driving time was 8.5 hours one way. Drove all over Columbia and then went down to Charleston, SC to check it out and stayed over night shopped at the Outlet stores and filled my XB up. Drove straight through back to Maryland stopping for gas etc. Got awesome gas mileage, cruise control is awesome, my old behind did not fall asleep once even after 4.5 hours. Was windy and raining hard never felt that my XB was not giving me awesome traction and wind buffeting was kept to a minimum. Jimi

Steering wheel Ipod control, cruise control, the placements of controls. Huge back seat, driver armrest and ease of driving. Sun Roof was open while driving cause I am a smoker and never got a drop of rain in side.

Pad door cup holders so they don't rattle with drinks in them, need to have a passenger arm rest like drivers seat. Ashtray option out side of using the center console cup holder slot. Autodimming mirror option.

Lots of Bang for your Buck! Gold Rush !
By TiffsMom

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have my 2008 Scion XB Limited Edition Gold Rush a month. Before purchasing, I came to this site to read the many reviews,very informative. I simply LOVE the Scion. I was amazed how spacious the interior was. I slipped in and out very comfortably and felt the ride was extremely easy to handle, zippy pick up. The interior was 2 tone/very stylish. I passed on the $400 "Teflon" treatment from dealer and found 5 step Simonize Teflon treatment for $20 on eBay. I did get the spoiler & remote starter, mats. Also ordered side molding and touch up paint. I didn't start out to buy the limited edition,but dealer had only one,and I felt in love. Getting about 24 city, 28 highway. Lots of fun

Roomy, comfortable. Actually like low armrest, room for my purse. Very responsive, peppy. The PRICE for what you get is exceptional ! LOVE the IPOD connection, and in wheel audio controls. Like the readouts, sporty. Driver seat fully adjustable. Generous cabin, great price, great car.

I did not upgrade the stereo Pioneer, and the stock sound system is fair. My old Honda Accord had beautiful sound and I do notice the lesser quality. I may shop for a better sound as the Scion upgrade didn't look too great either. The ride could be a little softer, again maybe cause it's new.