Used 2008 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

A few days in.
By Genki

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car about 3 days ago and already I can see some fantastic features. Some of the notable upgrades from my '05 Chevy Colorado are the center mounted gauges that make it easier for someone like myself being 6'3", to see them without the steering wheel interfering. This is the first vehicle outside of larger SUVs and some of the larger extended cab trucks that allow a 6'+ person to sit directly behind a 6'+ driver and not have to be awkwardly positioned to the side. Last thing to mention is that the only upgrade I have with mine is the improved sound system with the stereo head unit that includes the RCA outputs, which is the best system for the money that I've seen yet.

Great standard features such as 4 ABS disc breaks and side impact / curtain airbags. for having paid 17,700 I didn't expect these features to be standard as they are upgrades for many of the more expensive cars.

Arm rest is poorly placed (though it's not bad once you stop thinking about it) and there's only one for the driver. Though not a flaw you have to use caution when hitting the gas pedal, it doesn't take much to get it going.

Found the Perfect Match
By Daren

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After owning a Mazda3 sedan for a year then a Ford Escape for a year I finally found the vehicle that is perfect utility tool. Has the gas mileage and comfort of a car with the hauling capacity of an SUV, all while being a great eye-catcher and conversation starter! Right now on my MPG display it says 33 mpg with 120 highway miles and a touch of city. I usually end my tank with about 26-29 mpg which I can definitely live with. The only problem I have with the car is that the interior dash and exterior paint are both extremely easy to scratch. I have a small dog and he has done his damage. Both the Mazda and Ford.

Love the shape which enables you to haul practically anything (just hauled a desk last week). Ipod control, full power features standard. I actually like the low center console, it fits me. I do wish the center console was padded/matted as things can bang out and make quite a bit of noise.

A sunroof feature, not just for limited release! Wish I could tow at least 500 lbs. Center cup holders both larger size. These are all minimal compared to everything this vehicle has to offer for 17k! This is an absolutely unreal value!

Value - Safety, Performance, Utility
By Jeff

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a week, but have found it all that it is advertised to be and the other reviews accurate. As an engineer, I research all other potential vehicles thoroughly. The xB is without doubt the best value for the price. My attitude is that a car is an appliance and must meet a list of needs. Scion has created a very utilitarian vehicle -- I don't care about all the style discussions. But you might. The vehicle has all the advanced safety features and incredible space with seats down. The vehicle has all the expected creature comforts and is of expected Toyota quality. Ride is firm but comfortable. MPG on first tank was 30 mpg mixed on hilly PA highways and city.

Safety and utility. Quality. Good fuel economy despite the over reaction to increasing horsepower from previous. Comfort, quiet, and space. This is a super value -- look around and you can find this vehicle for invoice -- don't believe the pricing claims by some dealers. I paid $14500 + destination

Driver's left arm rest redesign, separate clock, variable speed intermittent front and rear wipers, floor mats standard ($155 option?!), rear cubby nets standard ($200+ option?!), larger front cup holder, lighted glove box, better positioned clutch. Needs smaller engine for better mpg - 1.8L?

Outside the Demographic
By John B

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a nice car for money with very good room inside. Very good quality and lots of nice features for nothing extra. I would recommend getting none of the add-ons unless you are absolutely sure you need them because they really reduce the economy of the car. Great combo of power, build quality, ergonomics, price. Only negatives are the fuel mileage (you have to make a trade for the power & I’m still getting 26), no arm rest for passenger, and engine is a little noisy. Overall, very happy with purchase.

Funky design, unexpected power, lots of room.

Quieter engine, passenger arm rest, power plug for back seat.

get one NOW
By biff

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car to advertise my business, can't miss it! Everything else is a bonus, goes up Vail pass very fast, fuel average has yet to drop below 28.6 mpg- better than advertised. 1st car I have ever owned that does not need snow tires and we get 200+ inches a year here. (traction control that works) hauls kids, adults, groceries, skis, you name it. The instruments in the center are much easier to read than the regular kind.

the whole package and the PRICE.

Rear wiper needs a delay and needs to be bigger. needs a stand alone clock. get the rear bumper appliqué to protect it from scratches. upgraded pioneer radio is WAY to complicated and dangerous to operate while driving