Used 2008 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Fun to Drive
By Frank

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first "small" vehicle, I have had a Dodge Durango for the past 10 years, mostly for the towing ability. This car is great and fun to drive. I am a 400 pound guy and I have plenty of room. Gas mileage is very good. The ride is much better than I expected. Plenty of get up and go and a quiet ride. The sound system is good with plenty of power. I just ordered the XM receiver.

Interior dash layout is different but nice. Radio controls on the steering wheel. Plenty of storage room in the back. Comfortable ride.

Move the display push button to a better location like next to the shift lever. Two back up lights. Equal arm rest on both front seats. Variable speed on the rear wipers.

Exceptional bang 4 the buck!
By tom

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A blast to drive! Mine is the 5.0 release series, in gold. (only way to get a factory sunroof) as a 55 yr male, I get a lot of looks, and laughs as well. Has a "gangster car" interior feel to it. Tons of headroom, lots of space between you and the windshield. Front seats-backs a bit soft, but accommodating. Takes a little to get used to. Low seating height, high door sills might be a problem for shorter drivers, but is really where the vibe of this vehicle comes from. Definite blind spots in rear pillars. 4-speed auto-trans ratios are perfect. Some reviewers mention the need of a 5 speed, I disagree. I don't believe the 2.4 motor could pull it. Too quick to downshift.

Ease of entry, legroom far superior to the 07 4runner i traded 4 it. steering is VERY quick, which i like very much. first tank was 24.5 mpg. plentiful interior space. I am VERY happy with my purchase!

Real armrests needed, front seats. full time clock. extended steering wheel tilt angle. taller, extended center console. more color choices on exterior. perhaps an inch or 2 longer on the front seat cushion length for additional leg support. Improved texture on steering wheel (a little slick).

the xB IS golden
By AerBer

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our first xB in 2003 manual transmission, it works we have over 150,000 miles on it. We needed a 2nd car with a little more room and an automatic...The answer was golden - the 2008 xB with the moonroof. It is just the right size, fun to drive, with the larger engine, the gas mileage not too bad. However, it does need some noiseproofing... Nevertheless we love our new goldmember. Now we're going to bring it to Lombards (the Car Stereo Store) in San Luis Obispo for serious Dynamat.

It is a wonderful car. The moonroof says it all.

The aux and iPod connections should be inside the glove box or center console, not visible, it looks messy when you've got the iPod/MP3 sitting in the cup holder, actually tacky. There is a bit of road noise, it definitely definitely needs Dynamat...

New xB
By xB Owners

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I purchased this car as a replacement - my car was dieing. This xB is awesome! It drives great, and is very comfortable - a great buy for the money. The ride is a tad bouncy on the highway. A lot more room than you think! I thought it was weird looking at first, and now I think it's super cute! Gas mileage is good, but gas seems to run out fast. I HIGHLY recommend this car! Toyota Reliability and solidly built!

Customization (accessories), got same amount as a small SUV but without high price, a rear window wiper, steering wheel audio controls, arm rest, digital readouts.

Another gear for the automatic - better gas mileage! Variable intermittent windshield wipers,

Love it!
By Jen

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am absolutely in love with my XB! I traded in my Cavalier coupe and I am loving the room in the XB. My fiance who is 6'4 could not fit in my old car and was amazed at how much room the XB has. Everyone that sees the interior is shocked at how big it is since it looks so small from the outside. I got it in white and I love the way it looks with the tinted windows and the dark interior. Very happy with all of the standard features, I have not added any options at all. I shopped around for almost 6 months trying to find the "perfect" car for me and this is it. When compared to other similar vehicles, the XB really gives you more features for less money.

Love the way it drives and handles. Interior and dash display are cool. Seats are very comfy. Love all the room in the back and the folding seats are a plus.Storage under the back seat is neat too. Always get lots of looks and compliments!

The arm rest is way too small and the passenger does not have one at all, definitely need that changed. Needs bigger sun visors with bigger mirrors. Wish it got better gas mileage but since I do not commute it is not that big of a deal for me.