Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 290 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

The best care we've ever owned!
By Diana

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I do a lot of highway driving and this car is great. I get about 34 MPG sometimes more. People always say it's so small, but when you get them inside, they're always impressed with the space. We've hauled a lot of big stuff in it while moving, have had 5 adults fit for a comfortable ride, and have never had any problems with the car itself. We live in WI, and I've never gotten stuck in the snow, even when we had 19 inches this winter! The only thing i wish was different would be the suspension, it's pretty bumpy on some roads. We also had to have the windshield replaced from a random crack that split all the way across. We bought a Yaris this year - Love Toyota's small cars!

Room for hauling in the back, upright captain's chairs (good for my back), factory sound system rocks, it's just so ugly, that it's cool! Everyone comments on its unique look.

Too bumpy on uneven roads.

Makes sense
By phyzxtchr

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very few cars available on the USA market make sense at any level. The original Scion xB (example 2006)is such a car. I check the mileage at every fill up. Worst ever, 33. Best ever, 35. The 2006 is light weight (good) small engine (good) and cheap (great). I drive the 5-speed. Owners with the automatic have themselves to blame. The xB proves that "It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." I go past everyone in my xB and they have twice the engine, they just drive like slugs because they bought big hoggish cars and they are disgusted with the driving experience. Don't add weight, horsepower, or engine size! Too late, the newest xB did all three. Whoops! USA marketing!

Buy with minimal features for best savings! Still has all I need and nothing I don't. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that! Also: Light weight, small engine, compact size, outstanding fuel economy. This car way out-values CR-V, Rav4, and big sloths like Escape.

Need a Scion pickup truck with the same philosophy, light weight, small engine, manual tranny, minimal features, 30 plus mpg. I'd buy today.

Best Box Made...Anywhere
By OldDaddy

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Purshased this car new in 2005. I can not say enough good things about it and I have had 57 cars...by actual count. I don't know what the guy is doing that got only 14 mpg, but I think he needs a new calculator. I have never gotten less than 26 mpg and even got 40.1 mpg on one freeway trip with one aboard. I know it looks nerdy but it is more fun to drive than any car I have ever had(the list includes sport cars, Mercedes, Volvos, etc.). We have 90K on the box and expect to go to 200K then give it to a grandchild.

Fun to drive, great gas mileage, looks unique even when four years old. Handles like an MGB...believe it or not.

Interior lights too dim.

Love my little 2006 XB
By DMichael

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Camry Hybrid, which was great for fuel economy and comfy to ride, but the huge battery ate up all the trunk space and that was a problem getting several guitars and amps to rehearsals and gigs. I wanted something small but with max cargo space, so I gravitated to the XB. I was blown away by the space inside this little car. I recently drove from LA to NYC in 3 days, with 4 guitars, a banjo, a mandolin, a couple duffle bags, my miniature schnauzer and my little sister. We drove through desert, over mountains and through a day and a half of pounding rain, and I love that little XB even more now!

Interior space, handling, sound system

Take it from me -- You're Safe!
By theredhead6

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just rolled my Scion xb. it rolled onto the driver's side and I climbed out without a scratch! No windows broken, no roof or hood damage, no rear damage. Just point of impact (and it's not that bad really) and scratches all along the driver's side since it was laying on that side. This is a safe car, guys, and I'm a lucky gal.