Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 289 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Love my BOX
By ciscokid1970

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Is the best "car" I have ever had. It gets excellent gas mileage, 29 mpg city with the AC on and in heavy stop and go traffic, and 36 mpg highway. It is roomy on the inside yet, easy to park. It has an excellent price for such a quality built product. I love the BOX look. It is great to buy a statement car for working man's money. I changed the speakers to improve the sound and added Dynamat to reduce the noise. I replaced the exhaust resonator with something quieter. I love the ride now.

The great gas mileage, how it is roomy enough for 5 TALL adults, and the Toyota reliability.

I wish they had a hybrid version. It could use better lighting inside. It could have better noise isolation. The paint could be thicker.

xB = Fun
By RLC

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The xB is fun to drive in the way that my VW van was fun to drive. It has lots of room inside and it is cheap to run. Load it up and go to the beach, or river or whereever.

I appreciate the good gas milage.

Every xB owner needs an armrest and cruise control. I would like to have a hitch on the back to pull a small trailer. Currently that is not possible.

I Love my Toaster
By lizzie

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xB is affordable, fun to drive, and unusual. This may be the best car I've ever owned, all things considered.

The awesome sound system that comes standard. The ability to upgrade it to your personality also appealed to me.

Tcould make the interior lighting better. It is very dark in the car at night.

Smart Design
By Ed

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car. I did not like it until I drove it, but then I knew right away that it was the car that I had to have. Unless you plan on drag racing, the engine gets the job done. The interior design is brilliant. The head room is amazing and the leg room in the front and rear is more than most SUVs. The rear seats fold flat to make room for cargo. The sound system is fantastic with the iPod aux hook up. The automatic was sluggish so I went with the manual. I get between 33-37 mpg depending on how much highway driving is done on each tank, much better than EPA estimates. For the price and standard features, this car is a steal.

The fuel economy, leg room in front and rear seats, cargo room with rear seats folded down, stereo system, standard tinted windows, standard power windows and door locks, and standard keyless entry

For the money that you are going to pay, it is tough to ask for anything more.

My Scion xB results at 11,000 miles
By Michigan_Mark

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car does what it should do. Its lifetime MPG is about 30 mpg. My xB's gas mileage improved after about 5,000 miles

The big interior

Avoid dealer options - they are of lesser quality than standard Toyota parts.