Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 290 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Older Folks Like It Too!
By SonnyBoy

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I are in our 50's and we absolutely love this car. We were looking for something economical to buy, economical to operate, and fun to drive! We sure found it in the Scion Xb. I've always liked small cars. The first car I ever bought was a '63 Volkswagon Beetle. I've owned eveything from small pick-ups to a Porsche 914 and a Honda CR-V, but the xB is the most fun to drive. Even though it is marketed to younger people, I think a lot middle-aged and older people would really enjoy this car.

We love the price. The gas mileage is fantastic. The vehicle is easy to enter and exit because of the huge doors. We like the way the seats sit up high. The Pioneer sound system is great. It handles well and is easy to drive.

A factory cruise control would be nice.

Scion Xb is a FUN car
By Gary

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a FUN car! Consumer Reports indicated that it has too much road noise. Mine is quiet. I think, I'm actually getting better gas mileage than its stated 30 city / 38 highway. It has plenty of interior room. I just wish it had came with a roof rack for carying longer items like ladders or plywood. I think anyone would enjoy this vehicle. It looks like a vehicle out of the future.

It has a round instument panel just below the windshield making it earier to glance at. It feels like a full size van inside, with 5 adults riding comfortably. Groceries fit easily in the back.

Add a roof rack, mudflaps, floormats. Maybe the body should be a little higher up. The front kind of makes me wonder if I will be plowing snow this winter, lol.

This Is It
By Mike Smith

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

There's no denying it. This thing is cool. There is so much you can do to it. I put on Momo rims, a new steering wheel, a different shifter, improved seats, everything Momo, and it looks SWEET. This makes an awesome dub car. Plus, I put a few goodies under the hood, so now it has about 224 hp. I'm not trading this baby for anything

The looks, everything.

Like what?!

Good Cheap Transportaion
By cjb

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drive over 40,000 miles a year and was looking for something with good gas mileage. I bought the xB for the cargo space. With the back seats folded down, it can carry a lot of cargo. I have been averageing 30 mpg or better in a mix of highway and city driving. The car has a little pep as long as you smash the pedal to the floor. Overall it's been a good cheap form of transportaion.

The good gas mileage and how there is more space than you think inside.

It needs a little more power. Also the front rake of the windshield is horrible. In three months I already have nine rock chips and long crack in the glass.

Amazing Little Box
By John

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

For the exterior size, the interior is huge. Its large doors and low seating enable easy entry and exit. It has excellant visibility. With the rear seats down, there is all kinds of room for groceries, etc.

It gets good gas mileage. I like how it has interior room for four actual full size adults, not 2 + 2 vertically challenged folks. It is easy to drive and park in town. It's just plain fun to drive.

Put the 2.0L engine in it, and leave the rest alone. It works.