Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 289 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Scion
By StevenR510

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great in town. We have never taken it on a long road trip. It is a little sluggist on hills though. It has lots of interior room. It is fun to drive and attracts lots of attention.

The interior room and how easy it is to enter and exit.

Give it a little more power and a high armrest.

I LOVE This BOX!
By FoxNBox

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a car with more space for hauling and something that would get good gas mileage too. My Scion xB has exceeded all my dreams. My car is getting 35 mpg in the city! It is fun to drive; it handles great, and its visibility is amazing. It's litte on the outside (a dream to park!) and huge on the inside. I don't know how they do it but glad they did. I had a sunroof installed and love it, with the satelite XM radio, or my iPod playing through the speakers, sunroof open...it just doesnt get any better! Also, this car is SO easy to get in and out of. Senior passengers LOVE it! If you want a fun, zippy, roomy, inexpensive car for running around, I highly recommend it! I love this car. :-)

The interior space, fuel economy, visibility, ergonomics, and "fun factor".

I would have to quote a song to Scion, "Don't change a hair for me, not if you care for me!" LOL. 1,423 miles and haven't found anything I don't like yet.

I Love My Box!
By Damon

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the car to own, I love it! I bought it to have a reliable car to get back and forth to work with. Now that I have it I don't think I will ever want to get rid of it. For the price and standard features you get, I was simply amazed. $15,200 out the door (that's tax tags and everything!) I do not recommend getting options from the dealer. The extras are so overpriced (armrest, leather steering wheel..etc) unless you want them rolled up in the loan amount, get them off eBay from a reputable seller. I've done a lot of things to my box to personalize it, but just the standard car is great! I didn't like these when I first saw them, but once I went to the dealership I feel in love!

The look, the space, and all the standard options. I like how it comes with power everything, A/C, 160 watt stereo, the awesome paint job, etc... Just go look at one yourself, these things rock!

My first and foremost suggestion would be for Toyota to keep this model around longer (2006 is last year)! This is the 21st century's VW Bug. Once you have this car you will see that it is different than any other in the past. It becomes something else and you just can't see ever getting rid of it!

Great Multipurpose vehicle
By lindelift394

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle for someone who needs a lot of room for a little bit of money. This car is fun to drive, the handling around turns is great, even on wet roads. I'm a little over 6' tall and finding a comfortable car is hard for me, but the xB has plenty of foot and head room. I've been getting about 33-34 mpg with it and thats important to me because I drive quite a bit. My only complaint so far would be that Scion shows as a standard feature the audio controls on the steering wheel and mine did not come with that.

The iPod connectivity, and interior room.

I would like to see a sunroof or California ragtop as an option.

Older Folks Like It Too!
By SonnyBoy

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I are in our 50's and we absolutely love this car. We were looking for something economical to buy, economical to operate, and fun to drive! We sure found it in the Scion Xb. I've always liked small cars. The first car I ever bought was a '63 Volkswagon Beetle. I've owned eveything from small pick-ups to a Porsche 914 and a Honda CR-V, but the xB is the most fun to drive. Even though it is marketed to younger people, I think a lot middle-aged and older people would really enjoy this car.

We love the price. The gas mileage is fantastic. The vehicle is easy to enter and exit because of the huge doors. We like the way the seats sit up high. The Pioneer sound system is great. It handles well and is easy to drive.

A factory cruise control would be nice.