Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 290 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Lowest Total Cost of Ownership
By Clinton

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After doing research (we are talking spreadsheets) on hybrids and other fuel efficient vehicles, I settled on the xB. I am 6'3" and commute at least 80 miles a day, 5 days a week. Additionally, I truck around clients to show real estate and needed good legroom all around. Lastly gas mileage, dependability, and resale value were taken into account. This little box financially makes sense and is fun and comfortable. Doing it again, I would have gotten silver instead of black (had to try black once in my life) and an automatic transmission as I wear dress shoes to work (little pedals and Rockports don't mix), but this is no fault of the car's by any means. This vehicle is so functional it makes you question ALL other vehicles.

The gas mileage, room, room, room, CD-MP3 player, quality build, minivan seating (higher, off the ground), power hatch latch, interior material, and great PRICE, I like it all!

It should have looser door locks, they stick every now and then. Also, it could use just a little larger capacity fuel tank for less fill ups.

Love It!
By Lou in NJ

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

First I'd like to say, I never thought I'd buy an import car, but this is one great little vehicle and I'm glad I bought it! It's Great on gas and fun / easy to drive. It has so much interior room that you have to see it to believe it (you have to sit in one and you'll see for yourself - it's amazing on the inside). Took it from NJ to FL and back this summer and it while not a highway rocket, it did better than I expected with three adults plus luggage and A/C on along Route 95. Passing did require some strategic planning, but it gets the job done!

The unique style, good gas mileage, great value, nice standard features, easy to maintenance, good handling, interior room (with 1/2 the rear seat folded I fit a boxed 27" TV and fit 3 adults with room to spare), the underfloor storage in the rear area, and excellent headlights for night driving.

Give the option to have more gauges. Use thicker sheet metal. Don't change the style or pricing. Add a light in cargo area (had to add one myself). Improve the comfort of the seats when reclined (especially in the lower back area). They are basically unusable for resting purposes. Add an armrest to the front seats.

Scion xB
By acstorfer

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion xB is a great vehicle. It is incredibly practical and has everything you need and most things you want in a car.

The great gas mileage.

Add more padding on the seats.

What's Up With the Windshield?
By wilsonevans

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove this car and fell in love. It has so much room. As i was making a trip I heard a loud pop and there was a crack in my windshield there is no one around me to throw up a rock or anything. I took the car to my dealer after six days of ownership. They said it was a rock crack and I would be responsible for replacing it. I looked online and there are tons of people who are having mysterious cracks appear in their windshields. I can't afford to be payin' for a new windshield every six days. Scion is gonna have to step up and fix this problem.

The great interior room and good gas mileage.

Fix the windshield defect! Be careful with this.

New Surprises Every Day
By Frank

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a bargain for the price. It has many standard features and the one I purchased (thankfully) had factory cruise and arm rest (definite necessities). I bought this solely as a commuter car that is also spacious enough to get kids in and out of the car seats. There is ample room for both driver and passengers. I can average 32 mpg without a lead foot and do a lot of gliding to stops and about 28 mpg if at full throttle all the time. This doubles the gas mileage compared to my previous truck. The handling is superb and unfortunately you would expect it matched with a much peppier engine. But a larger engine would kill the gas mimleage, so that's an expected trade off.

I found a lot of new surprises. There is a special place to store your garage remote, radio has ASL (ambient sound leveling) that automatically raises and lowers the volume when highway noise is high or low, and there is a gas card holder in the CD storage compartment. I don't know how they think up this stuff!

Not a whole lot because my wish list would seriously increase the price of the car, but here goes: add a built-in drop down DVD player with monitors, A hybrid version would take care of slow acceleration and improve gas mileage... HINT! HINT! HINT! to Toyota!