Used 2005 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 502 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

My Box
By mwj12487

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I financed this car with less than 23k miles on it, and so far have about 54k on it. In that time I haven't had to replace anything but a blown tire and a headlight bulb. Scion, although marketed towards those of us in the younger generations, I find to be majorly consumed by those of you in your early to late 50's. The Toyota reliability is completely apparent. If you are searching for a great commuter car that slowly sips on the gas, the Scion xB might just be your heaven-sent. If you are looking for a speed-demon, a luxury soaked dream cruise, look someplace else. Although I adore my "foxy box", it doesn't ever trick you into believing it's anywhere above an economy car.

Boxy look, Excellent gas mileage, Peppy 1.5L I4 VVT, Amazing cabin room, that of a much larger vehicle, ease and ability to customize, Toyota reputation for amazing reliability and ease of home-servicing, seat comfort (front only)

Would love if my xB had: -A smoother ride -Sturdier sheet metal paneling -Cruise Control -Interior noise -Leather Option -Power seats option

Miss Foxy is a class act!
By AnnieC

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I never wanted a new car. Had my Honda since 1980 (25 yrs),unfortunately, had a serious accident in 2005 and could no longer find parts for the old girl. Reluctantly, I brought Ms. Foxy home and it's been a love affair ever since. Here we are 4 yrs later and I wouldn't trade her for the world. Definitely the last car I will ever own...I hope..

Smile on her face. Love how high I sit. Incredible gas mileage. Trouble Free!!

Something about the windshield angle. Keep getting dings.

Still Loving It
By Babs

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 05 xB in 05, and I have liked the square style, and the speedometer on the dashboard. I bought it because of that and the gas mileage. I get 300 miles to a tank, and there is lots of room inside. I wasn't happy when they changed the style of the xB. I put loads of miles on my car each year, and it has been very dependable. I hit someone who pulled out in front of me on a side street, and was surprised how little damage there was to my front bumper. The only thing I would change is the tire size.

The speedometer on top of the dashboard, and the square style.

Tire size

2005 Blue Scion xB
By AutoBat

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my xB for several years now. I got my car with alloy wheels, arm rest and cruise control installed. I consistently get 30mpg in either city or highway. I still love the looks of it, I replaced the grill with billet aluminum and the rear lights with LEDs after I got rearended once (new tailgate as well). The car is reliable as can be (it's a Toyota afterall). Even after the new (ugly) xB's came out I still get comments on how cool (or ugly) my car is. If I had the means, I would get another, but with a manual transmission. I have had to have 2 large chips filled in from errant rocks at about $20 each.

MP3 headunit, Great looks, Great fuel economy. Seats 5 adults easily. Lots of headroom. Integrated antenna in the glass.

The armrest is worthless 90% of the time, the visor mirrors are ridiculously tiny, cruise control isn't offered by the factory (I know they fixed that in the ugly new ones), and an actual temp gauge would be nice.

Love car, hate front seats
By julie

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car 1 month ago. Former car Toyota tercel 4wdr which I loved but it got rear-ended. Love the look & mileage. Have a stick and do not have any power problems. Daughter and friends love all the room in the back. 1 BIG COMPLAINT: My husband & I both have backaches after riding more than 1 hr in either front seat (we are 5'6" and 5'10"). Nobody else has written about this and it worries us. Any suggestions?

storage, styling, mileage

map light, deeper cup holders, more comfortable front seats