Used 2005 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews - 502 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Excellent car
By Andrew

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little car. You only need to step inside to see why it's such a good deal for $15k - it's huge inside. Being a box makes it very space efficient; awkwardly tall friends will appreciate the rear leg and head room. However, the car is still narrow and short enough that it's easy to park anywhere, and the sitting position is surprisingly high. Handling and road noise are decent considering it's a box with wheels, and the standard traction and stability control do wonderfully in bad weather. A bigger engine would be nice at times, but it usually feels plenty peppy and gets great gas milage. Toyota quality for this price makes this car hard to resist.

Tons of room for people and things, spartan but complete set of standard features, gas mileage, reasonably nimble, and getting more stares than the number I got driving a light blue Mercedes-Benz SL500 is nice (No kidding; a very nice car if you have the $$$ by the way).

Sunroof would be nice, and the optional accessories very tempting but very expensive. 7-color cup holder lights are cool, but not quite $300 cool.

Right Product, Right Place, Right Time
By mark

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The High Price of Gas, made us look at this vehicle, and due to the lack of availablitiy of this vehicle. We were not the only 30 y.o. + looking at this XB. Solar Yellow, will take some getting used to. Though high finishing quality, fun to drive factor and low gas mileage makes this car a great car. Detroit, Stuttgart time to catch up. Oh and by the way can hold an Irish Wolfhound with one seat down with no problem. More HP may be wanted! and Side airbags but apart from that no complaints oh and did I say all this for 16K. Ha!

Stereo

More HP please and side airbags

I only paid $15k for all this?!?
By skyboybryan

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 2.5 hours per day to and from work, so I needed a car with good gas mileage to replace my 4WD Toyota truck. I didn't think that I'd like this car so much, but I really do. Mine is green and it looks like nothing else on the road. I am getting a solid 35mpg and it's so much fun to drive. I highly recommend this car to anyone who is tired of looking at all those other clones on the road. I am 6'1" and this car has more than enough room for me and everything I need to take. Even with my seat all the way back, there is still enough room for someone even taller than me in the back seat. I love this car. Don't forget to get the cruise control and the armrest. Love it love it love it.

The way different outside and the standard 6 speaker CD player from Pioneer, and the massive interior. You'll wonder where all that room came from.

A larger ashtray (I should stop smoking anyway).

2005 xB
By Keiths 2005 Blue xB

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion Xb is one of the best vehicles in the 15K price range.Just getting out of college it is affordable yet really fun to drive. The purchase had no haggles which was a plus. Living in a mountainous area of New York, the gas mileage has been around 32-36 miles per gallon.The xB is roomier than most SUVs that my family owns.The interior is driver friendly simple and clean.The fit to finish is impressive for a vehicle in this price range.The head and leg room in the xB is huge making it a comfortable vehicle for anyone.I didn't consider the automatic transmission in this vehicle.The manual has quick easy shifting and the engine has plenty of power to move the xB in all driving conditions.

The stereo is great. The styling of the vehicle is awesome. It doesn't look like anything else on the road. I opted for the fog lights and roof rack. The standard equipment alone is a favorite. The traction control and VSC have been great in bad weather. I highly recommend the Xb.

Scion should offer cruise control. On long trips it is needed. An arm rest should be standard instead of an option. A sunroof should also be offered.

OH WHAT A FEELING!
By SCSCION

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought our XB to replace an ageing Ford Probe GT, yes big difference in power, handling etc. but Oh the reliability. At the amazing price of $14,733 the car handles well gets good mileage (29MPG around town in stop & go traffic etc.) can move much more cargo and people than we ever could in our Probe. I've got 800 miles on it now and expect it to "loosen-up" a little and return better mileage soon, who knows? Keep an eye on the paint up front, it's prone to chips, after all it is a verticle slab your driving. All in all we both enjoy our XB's room, comfort, ease of entry, safety features etc. and see ourselves driving it for a LONG time as we only put on about 10,000K/yr.

Interior room, seating position, exterior styling, mileage, safety features, price, low cost of ownership, ease of maintanence, MP3 capable head unit, Price, load height, tinted glass, hidden cubby in back, 5spd,PRice, first aid kit, room under passenger seat for woofer did I mention PRICE!

Interion needs more light. More power, but managable (THANK GOODNESS WE DIDN'T GET THE AUTOMATIC!) that said, a 6th gear, RPM's are a little high on the highway.