Used 2005 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 502 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

1 happy box owner
By happy boxman

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned this 2005 for about 4years and absolutely love it . Our XB is probably the best built vehicle we've ever owned . Although probably not the most comfortable , esp for back seat passengers . Gas mileage is awesome , highway mileage aves 34 to 35mpg. Other than tires and oil changes its only been to Toyota service 1 time . (good exp ) It looks really small from the outside , but it is large enough to pack 4 good size people and a full load of luggage for a trip to DisneyWorld . Like i sad 35mpg. Good job Toyota Scion. Pretty much maintenance free. Great vehicle summer or winter. weve never once been stuck on snow covered roads

Traction Control ,great stereo , great driver visibilty

better interior lighting, only 1 dome light

Loved everything except the noise
By nyc to california

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Got the car used, researched a long time for it. great values, have all safety features except side curtains. Easy to mod. Added sound deadening material to the hatch and doors, but the noise is just too much for me.

Peppy engine, hauls a lot (including a 3 seat sofa). Only needed Oil change as maintenance.

too much road noise, some squeaking. bumpers didn't take well to NYC street parking. Fuse to the lighter socket is the same as the radio. no aux out or ipod

The True X-Beezy
By x-beezy05

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my XB with 57,000 miles already on it. I have always loved the scion but never really had the urge to buy one. I have been nothing but Impressed with this car, Great Gas Mileage,Stylish Look, better yet the amount of Room you have in the car is AWESOME!! Don't get me wrong this is a very Nice/Sporty vehicle but I honestly want a Jaguar.

The Stock Pioneer Sound system Amount of space in the Car Gas Mileage

Not a fan of the Orange lighting on the inside. Could use a little more HP

Super Cool
By Jim

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my xB in late December 2004. Needed a vehicle that I could carry my disabled Sweetheart and be able to get her in and out without trouble. Told the salesguy if I could get the wheelchair in the luggage area, I would buy it and buy it we did. Has just over 23000 miles and couldn't ask for a better vehicle. Lots of power and energy, great mileage, and enough room for my 6'8" 300 lb son to drive with comfort. Installed luggage rack and aluminum alloy wheels from internet. Never used a drop of oil and no maintenance problems whatsoever. Best car I ever owned, and I've always driven sports/small cars (Triumph Spitfire, Opel Mimi-Corvette, Suzuki Samurai) and this one is the best.

Room/leg room. Comfort while driving. Peppy 1.5 liter 4-banger engine...great gas mileage. Field of view is fantastic.

Subdue the road noise and everything would be perfect.

Rode hard...
By Earl M.

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Currently, my xB is totally caked in dirt from this past weekend. The windshield has dings and a crack almost as wide as the glass itself, collected over 5 years. A couple of dash lights are fading. I put wider tires on the OEM spoke rims and am having trouble getting the front two balanced correctly. All that said, when it's cleaned and shining, the Camo Green Box is beautiful and I really have no complaints at all. I have no problem without center armrest. My prev car, a Saab 9.3 didn't have one as they want you driving with both hands on the wheel as a safety feature. BTW, this bought-new xB replaced a run of two Saabs that I loved.

Fun driving. Surprising people off the line. Tight turning. Fit and finish. Reliability. Completely trouble-free at 88K. Interior room (I'm 6'5" and very comfortable driving.) Stereo performance. Cold-air intake and upgraded exhaust. The overall design inside and out.

A 6-speed manual. More sound insulation.