Used 2006 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Cute
By Joy

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Gas mileage is certainly good. The odometer, etc. being in the center took some getting used to but I now prefer it. The cloth seats should be a better quality. After having owned it a few weeks, someone tapped it in a parking lot. My Scion had been parked. My car sustained damage while the other vehicle had nothing. My concern is the Scion vs anything else on the road! Safety is my major concern. I would also like to add that while sitting at the dealer I mentioned I heard the XA was to be discontinued and she said it was a rumor. A few months later (2 months to be exact), it was discontinued. Be sure to use an honest dealer. I wouldn't buy a pencil from them now.

The gas mileage. Manual transmission is easy. No big stretch to use the clutch.

I would like better quality cloth seats. There are some blind spots that should be corrected.

Best Bang for your Buck!
By GYNUWYNE

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I Love Love Love my Scion! Its stylish, comfortable, great gas mileage, unique, reliable. I want to keep my car running a long time so I perform reg. mntc. on it. Reg. oil changes, tire rotations, breaks, fluid flushes, spark plugs replaced. At my last oil change, the technician said my car is in great condition.

Gas mileage is the best feature. Great sounding radio.

The armrest is cheap. It broke with in the first couple days I had it. Plus, it should be included in the price of the car. Make it in a variety of colors with out having to pay an extra fee. Tip: for those looking for something a little bigger, you may like the Toyota Matrix.

Cheap to maintain, joy to park
By Dmitry

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive a Mercedes C230, but when my job got relocated, I had to get an economical car that is cheap and does not depreciate much. I highly recommend the Scion xA. It may not have the performance one would desire for or the sporty styling but over the life of the car or 25,000 miles, the only money I spent not counting oil change was spark plugs and belts. This is a dream for somebody who travels to work on long distances, wants a car with very low maintenance, utilitarian and easy to park. Four people sit comfortably in this Scion. Moreover, the resale value holds. I bought it in Dec '08 for $7,950 with 57K miles. Price has not changed at all during the year. Toyota did A+ job

Stereo, interior room space, fuel economy (average 31 mpg on NYC streets/highway). On the way to Niagara Falls with A/C in May the average highway mpg was 38!!!

Position the gear shifter properly. When I am engaging 5th or reverse, I end up hitting the passenger's leg. Once the 1st gear in engaged the shifter looks as if it's in 3rd

The SCION XA Durable beyond belief.
By dave

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the SCION XA new for my wife in 2006 it has over 60K miles and 4 wrecks. 1. Hit a deer. (8 point buck) wiped out front grill/hood/radiator/fender.2, Truck rolled into her.(new rear hatch)(F350) 3. Lady rear ended her while stopped pushing her into another car.. Rear hatch/bumper front end rear new exhaust. 4.Hit and run wiping out passenger doors and rear quarter. Car looks and drives like new still yet.

Safety features on this car are "first class" Wife loves it!!!! Has not had a scratch to her on any accidents. Thank You !!!!! Super 39.5 gas mileage.

cruise control.

Expecting improvement
By Joseph

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car three weeks ago and so far the car is responding okay. The only problem I see is the MPG performance, for the last 3 weeks I have filled my tank 4 times and driven only 600 miles. That is ~ $90 or 30 gallons which translates into 20 miles per gallon. So I took the car to Toyota service and was told that they cannot improve my car's mileage and they checked for leakage. I would like to know what I should do to bring my car's MPG up. I have also noted the need for extra horsepower and some shaking when driving over 80mph (more than what is expected). I feel the comfort when in front of the steering wheel and the fun of driving a small car.

The design and build quality are adequate for this size. The auxiliary audio input is also perfect to connect your ipod.

a >10,000 dollars car deserved a digital dashboard. More db for that Pioneeer audio system would be great.