Used 2006 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Absolute Gem
By Stephen Buckley

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After ten years, and with forty-one thousand miles on the odometer, my Scion xA is still going strong. It's the best economical vehicle I have ever owned.

Excellent Little Car
By lowryder@bikerider.com

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2005 Xa Scion in 2007 with 31,200 Miles.
I have driven it for nine years so far. Regular oil changes,tires, and spark plugs. It has been the best car I have ever own so far. Now at 315,000 miles I can not complaint. I have replaced the alternator once at 260k miles., One driver side rear bearing around 279k miles, the water pump at around 302k miles.Front brakes only one time. Battery about 3 times. I have done the work myself so the cost of parts is the only expense. Most of my driving is freeway miles. I drive it about 100/150 miles a day. A/C works very good since I bought it no problems.
I love my Xa scion , I wonder how many more miles I can drive in this vehicle.

Damn, I never thought I would leave Corolla
By dalboysoccerstar@gmail.com

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a fantastic investment. I bought it brand new ( my third Toyota ) at now 650,000 miles of money in the bank. I loved my Corolla's and my Scion X/A has been excellent in every capacity imaginable. I am quite serious when I say, I have never had a single repair. Tyres, wipers, one battery and oil changes, that is it in almost 10 years. 95% of my driving is highway, so I have never changed out brakes, repaired transmissions or my clutch, it has been so maintainence free, I forgot where the latch was to open the engine compartment when I first changed my oil. It does have a higher road profile, so wind can push you a bit..... I wish I had bought two of them and mothballed one. I coach football ( soccer ) it is dirty, grassy, full of 30 balls, pitch disc's, target jerseys, and filthy kid's. PERFECT!!!!!!

The Little Car That Does
By Jeff Davis

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this for our daughter who had been driving a Civic Coupe. The Honda was a great car without question, but she transports people and having 4 doors would be better. I was a little skeptical about it having a smaller engine but the performance is surprising. The interior room is surprising and the seats are comfortable. We researched the car on carcomplaints.com, NOTHING! Edmunds and KBB. The overwhelming reviews were of a positive nature.

After all the research was done, it was a slam dunk!

7 months in and still no complaints. Rides solid even on the small wheels.

Best new driver car and more
By mszo23

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car in 2010 a few days after I passed my driving exam. This was the first car I drove on the highway, and it taught me everything I need to know about safety driving. I bought it with 40,000mi on it and now I'm up to 90,000. This car has taken 4 1300mi trips from Upstate NY to Florida, a trip to Myrtle Beach, monthly trips to NYC, weekly trips to Niagara Falls, and much MUCH more. It has never failed on me and I only had a minor issue (around a hundred bucks in repairs) once. It's a fantastic car and I'm planning on driving it until it can take no more, which I know will not happen for another few years.

It's small and can fit in many tight spaces, BUT the interior is surprisingly big. When you fold the back seats you have an absolutely massive amount of space (I fit a wide screen tv and a dresser in it w/o issues). It's great on gas (takes around thirty five bucks to fill), and it rides smooth.

The only thing to keep in mind is that the car is very light. You will feel the wind a lot during winter, but handling is great and that can help you get a better feel of your car. Make sure you install great tires, and you're good to go.