Used 2006 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Gift for My Daughter
By marty

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter's first car had to be safe, affordable, and cool by her terms. I am very pleased that I purchased this car for her. She loves it a lot. If you could only be there as she drove it for the first time her smile still will remain in my memory for a long time. The car is better than I would have thought, because of all its perks like all the room inside, the style outside, and that it only cost $20.00 to fill the tank. Also, the ride is okay, I guess for its style, but you know that teens like my daughter only care about what is on the radio. I might even buy another one to get me back and forth to work and I'm in my 40's.

This is a great looking car from the outside that has great room inside.

Offer more color choices.

Cannot Find a Better Value
By Dave

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my xA for eleven months. You cannot find a better value. For the standard price I got an engine with variable valve timing, automatic transmission, anti-lock brakes, side airbags, air conditioning, power steering, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, rear wiper, rear defroster, a tachometer, a Pioneer radio/CD player and 6 speakers with controls on the steering wheel, a 60/40- split-folding rear seat, first aid kit, etc. Checkout Edmunds.com's True Cost to Own and note the five year depreciation compared to other cars. I have maintained gas records. The worst tank mileage was 26.32, the best 36.71, average for 39 fill ups: 30.51 mpg.

It's fun to drive and it is an excellent value.

Grandma's Scion
By SHARJEN

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Scion xA. It is fun, reliable, and economical.

Sit high in the seat.

Add cruise control and a sunroof.

Scion xA
By slnthntr

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive, with the 5-speed manual I am getting 36 mpg in the city. It handles the corners great and has outstanding acceleration.

It has a spacious interior for a compact, and the exterior design is streamlined. The options that are available for personalization make the car a joy to own.

Add the cup holders. There has to be a better way to position the cup holders, any drink larger that 12 oz actually interferes with storage and shifting.

Great Little Ride
By R McInerney

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This little car car has a smooth comfortable ride and its maneuverability is great. It's tiny and cute outside, but has plenty of room for adult passengers in the front and back inside. Its large window area makes for really good view out of rear when backing. Driving the xA is a joy!

I especially like the comfortable seats and very good ride along with the nice tight, but easy steering. The big windows make backing up a breeze and I LOVE the roomy interior and higher head room. I love the power windows and power door locks as standard. This car is so cute and only takes ten minutes to wash!

Move the instrument panel to in front of the driver. It's not ergonomic when centered. Move the mileage meter on top and the trip to the bottom. The textured dash is hard to dust off as is the nylon-y seat material. The engine noise when going 70 mph keeps me checking that I haven't left it in 4th gear. Quiet that engine!