Used 2006 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Nice Little Economy Car for the Money
By lanae

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my Saturn for this little Scion so I could save on gas for city driving. So far I don't see the excellent fuel savings that I was expecting but, I am assuming it will take some time to break the car in - maybe!?! It is easy to drive. The stick shift is different than the one that is in my Saturn as it was told to me from the sales lady it was a short shifter. It has great steering control. It is nice to have ABS after driving a car for five years without it. The Pioneer stereo system is nice. I feel it will last for a long time. My car has the spoiler and fog lights and I must say that the fog lights help light the road better! I would recommend this car to anyone that has a tight budget that is looking for reliable transportation.

The wiper in the back, Pioneer radio, radio controls on the steering wheel, spoiler, and how the heat and A/C work very well!

Offer plusher seating, cruise control, and standard side air bags.

Excelent Car
By Martin

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Driving the car is very fun and very economical. I have not had any problems with it and people are usually impressed when they get inside, surprised with the space when compared with the size of the exterior.

The CD/MP3 player, stick shift, and the economic features.

Increase the front leg room and lessen the sound of air from the back windows.

Scion xA Rocks!
By david mindrup

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Scion xA is just GREAT! At 31/38 mpg, I can drive, drive, drive!

Would Buy It Again
By Dee

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have never regretted buying my 2004 xA and look forward to trading for a new one. I moved down from an SUV to a sub-compact and I drove them all. The xA was the only one that surpassed my expectations for its ride and drive. I never care what gas costs. It has had no problems and it's finally ready for new tires at just over 41,000 miles. I don't miss my SUV as the xA has plenty of cargo space. It is a great value for the money.

The Scion xA is an excellent value for the money. Its sound system is excellent, its ride and drive are much better than I expected, and I'm used to having the speedometer etc. in the middle of the dash. I'm happy with them there!

I'm happy with my car, the value and what I got for my money. Maybe brighter interior lighting would help me view my mileage information, but that's about it.

Very Poor Gas Mileage
By Kevin

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am not sure if this car has ever been able to get above 30 mpg. Everyone I know that has one gets about 27 mpg. The only reason I bought this thing is its supposed good mileage. I am selling it in the summer.

How the base model comes moderately well equipped.

Change the dashboard material, it utilizes some texture that is a bear to keep clean.