2005 Scion xA Consumer Review: Rock Solid Small Car

2005 Scion xA - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Rock Solid Small Car
By Luke D on

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I thoroughly researched before buying this car, and fell in love with it after I bought it. I was impressed with the attention paid to details- side turn signals, pwr steering, mirrors, good headlights, a commanding view of the road, & a well-contoured front seatback. It really set it apart from the 3 Geo Metros I had previously owned, & the Chev Aveo I drove. I've put 73k miles on it, with only routine maint - tires, brakes, plugs & engine fluids replaced. The A/C hasn't failed despite the MN temp extremes, and it's ALWAYS started too. Engine has good pep on freeway if ya press the overdrive OFF button, & has good mileage-approx 31mpg overall. Has very flexible interior-can haul alot.

Commanding view of terrain. Comfy seat, center gauges & blower vents very well-placed. Flexible storage options with 60/40 folding rear seat. I can really haul a lot of gear!

Would be perfect small car if had Traction Control, Cruise Control & was 2 inches wider in rear seat shoulder room. Too small for my 2 older kids with car seat in middle! I replaced radio to one that had Ipod controls. Harsh ride on pothole-riddled freeways

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review