Used 2005 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Awsome Little Car
By econobox

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

You can't go wrong with this city car. Our primary family car for three years with two huge Britax Boulevard seats. Swallows cargo with the rear seats down. Good pick up. Handling is sprightly and easy. Bumpy ride. It's a city car, not a long distance one. Seats are comfy. AC is weak but gets the job done. We have a dark color which is party to blame. Just tint the windows. Fuel economy with the AC running constantly, California gas, and making short trips in stop and go varies between 29 and 31. Our 528i gets 19 mpg in the same situation. Freeway mileage is more like 33-35, but I don't drive slowly. Excellent visibility with tall seating. Tons of headroom; I'm 6', 5' wife loves it too.

Fuel economy. Easy to park and maneuver. Room for the big car seats. CD/MP3. Handling. Styling (I got asked if it was new in late 2007). Reliability.

I added cruise control. Put a 1.0L or diesel in to get better economy. Better struts to improve the ride. Stability control (they put it on the RS, but you couldn't get side air bags, the morons). Better dealers.

Glad to have it
By Miles

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got my xA in june of 2005. I had to hang in there to get what I wanted but finally did. It's been a good car so far, have 34,000 miles on it now. The gas cap door cable busted and was replaced under warrantee and that engine check light going on turned out to be a bad timing gear sprocket and was covered also but I was surprised by that one actually.The gas mileage has been excellent and like some people I couldn't care less if other drivers get upset that I'm not going fast enough for them. One of the stock tires has worn a lot quicker than the others.

Fun to drive, gas mileage, easy to clean.

No need to put anything here.

My Scion
By doris bledsoe

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my car. I wish it had better hub caps and less air noise while driving. I love the color. I wish i knew how to take the fla. luv bugs off. They took off some paint in a matter of 2 days, leaving white specks on the hood yuck. But all in all I LOVE MY xA!!

Color, double click to unlock all doors, and the speedometer location.

Softer seats and less air noise and maybe different choices of color like red with tan seats - that would be awesome.

Does the job
By bblhed

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to be a commuter car, driving 60 miles round trip is never fun! The mileage is great, and the car handles a bit better than expected for an econo-car. They probably could have put a little more paint on the car than they did but overall, it has held up well with the abuse of commuting. All options are "a la cart" so if you decide later that you want to add something, the dealer or you can do it, no problem. I got mine with some dealer goodies, then added some personal touches myself. I was even able to add a tow plate so I can tow the car with an RV and it only took 2 hours.

I like that all Scions come with the big three options (air, power windows, power locks) standard from the factory.

Better paint quality, and cruise control. Basic Scions have all the power goodies, cruise should be added even if it bumps the price.

2005 Scion xA
By SCIONIDE IS GOOD 4U

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a rebuilt one but you cannot tell by the way it drives. The unit is getting 39.5 highway average and 33 on the regular stop and go. Even a good used one would be a good one to invest in.

Gas economy, the folding seats give you almost pickup truck capability.

Front panels interfere and can cause small blind spots.