Used 2005 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Rock Solid Small Car
By Luke D

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I thoroughly researched before buying this car, and fell in love with it after I bought it. I was impressed with the attention paid to details- side turn signals, pwr steering, mirrors, good headlights, a commanding view of the road, & a well-contoured front seatback. It really set it apart from the 3 Geo Metros I had previously owned, & the Chev Aveo I drove. I've put 73k miles on it, with only routine maint - tires, brakes, plugs & engine fluids replaced. The A/C hasn't failed despite the MN temp extremes, and it's ALWAYS started too. Engine has good pep on freeway if ya press the overdrive OFF button, & has good mileage-approx 31mpg overall. Has very flexible interior-can haul alot.

Commanding view of terrain. Comfy seat, center gauges & blower vents very well-placed. Flexible storage options with 60/40 folding rear seat. I can really haul a lot of gear!

Would be perfect small car if had Traction Control, Cruise Control & was 2 inches wider in rear seat shoulder room. Too small for my 2 older kids with car seat in middle! I replaced radio to one that had Ipod controls. Harsh ride on pothole-riddled freeways

Groovy little car, and runs great too.
By James

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car and it was worth every penny. I put about 15thou/miles per year and it's still going strong w/just regular maintenance. The only major cost has been new tires at 40,000 and tune up at 30 and 60thou-miles. Hope to still have it when it gets to 120.

Awesome stereo, very good mpg, the higher seating position for a small car, very good handling, all the standard features and it looks cool.

cruise control, more hpwr, and even better mileage? oh yea and the road noise too.

Love my Xa
By mbkrug

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have 56K on the car without any problems at all. Have had to replace the brakes and tires but that is it. The cars drives extremely well, gets great mileage and is as much fun today as the day I got it. When I put the seat down it has tons of room, the only draw back is that with the birth of my son, using the infant seat makes the passenger side front side almost unusable due to how far it has to be pushed up. Other than that I have no complaints. It has been a great car that I would recommend to anyone.

My led interior lights and the speedometer in the middle

I love my Scion!
By CareO'Lynn

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Scion xA for 1 year now and have loved every minute of it! In minnesota, it even started when it was -30 degrees! Granted, it sounded a little funny but let it run a few minutes, then she was off!

Looks, reliability, light up storage box!!

I changed from the factory Pioneer stereo to a Sony that has an iPod connection. Sun roof options? Whats up with the bad gas milage? 28mpg is what i typically get.

ONE SWEET LITTLE RIDE!!!
By weezaworld

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this on our honeymoon, and it has turned into our second best wed gift(second to a quilt)! We love our car.....needless to say, it has been EVERYWHERE with us!!! (or rather we with it) Held hostage by the miraculous powers of the all new, all amazing 2005 scion XA!!! On a more serious note, this has been a great little car for us. Over 100000 miles, and nothing but plugs and oil change. We have often gotten around 40 mpg and have made MANY 1500 mile trips in it, and find it very comfy. The ONLY things I could complain about, is road noise at high speeds, no input jack on stereo, one annoying blind spot, and.....I guess that's it! Great car! We HIGHLY recommend!

EVERYTHING! Love the fold down rear seat, and the cargo cap. MPG, style, awesome stereo ETC ETC

Road noise, input jack, and blind spot on driver side. Otherwise perfect!