Used 2005 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Luv It
By MizzTee03

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just love my Scion xA. What more can I say. When I sat in it I knew it was the car for me!!!! I love the design and it is great on gas. I would suggest anyone looking for a new csr to get a xA.

Series 2 great car
By MayanKing

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is very spacious inside for a big guy like me 350 pounds 6'2". I am very comfortable height, width, seat and belly! Car gets good mileage, I have been getting 30 to 40 (city & highway). I went shopping and was able to fit bags in back. When shopping a lot seats do go down, a good feature.

Looks great. Love blue light on floor and cup holder. Love 6 CD MP3 player.

Just needs a subwoofer speaker.

Mixed Feeling about Special Edition #1
By DRiley

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Really cute car, great styling. Still enjoy looking at after 7K. The 17" sports wheels look fantastic but make for a rougher ride. Seat comfort ok for up to an hour. Handles road well and feels safe, sporty, and fun. Great radio/CD. Often (daily) there are multiple rattles AND a buzzing around the speedometer (when it is cold) that gets very loud (competes with radio at 40!)--makes me want to walk away from it. Dealer can't hear rattles consistently enough to fix...ahhhh! Very dissappointed in the mpg--the best I have ever gotten is once 31 on a 3-hr freeway drive. More typical 27-29 hwy. (What happened to 37 hwy?) After market sunroofs I've seen better quality mine (factory).

Sporty look (still brings a smile), sunroof, visibility around car, size (esp. for single person), hatchback, radio/CD player with nice features, and all the extras that come with xA. Tire/brakes--safety feeling when driving in rain. Zippy even with air cond. on.

Arm rest! No rattles or buzzes! Quality sunroof w/o 2" frnt gap w/ wind wooshing. Better mpg for such a little car (why do some get 40?). Better interior material: dash and door material hard to clean and keep looking good. Location/size guages could be better. More comfortable seats for long drive.

I love this Car!
By sasan

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car has the highest value per $ in my perpective. Standard options include 4-wheel ABS, Dual Front airbags, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, I get at least 30-35 mpg in highway! check out scion.com

you're high as a SUV or cross-over with out spending that much gas! I love the fact that I could park in the spots normal sedans can not park. Grade Logic (computer assisted gear shifting) is pretty cool too

i needed a center arm rest. only couple of months after purchasing it, scion added this accessory for $99! so I'm super happy!

My Scion Rules
By LoneGun

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I research this purchase for over three months and found that if you compare the Toyota Matrix and the Scion Xa you will come up with a pretty close tie. The bigiest diffence other than price is that the Scion comes with anti-lock brakes and the Matrix does not, go figure. As far as room the matrix is 4 inches longer but the 4 inches is not worth the extra $5K in price. This ride is solid I also have the limited edition XA that came with a electric Sun roof.

The Sun Roof, and red color