Used 2005 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

I like it.
By Scott Schmidtke

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm not in the target group (I'm over 40). And I'm not a small person. However, I found the Scion xA roomy and fun. It's mileage is better than advertised. The sound system is great.

my 05
By Linda

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first ever new car, It has oustanding value,i s fun to drive, dependable, and and pleasantly styled. It caught my eye, the interior is really roomy and comfotable, the only drawback I had to over come is that it didn't come in yellow.

The styling.

More vibrant colors.

Best Value Ever
By D. Remmers

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the best value you can get for your money. Standard ABS, great sound system, power everything-you-could-want, and great gas mileage all for about $13,500.

Great gas mileage, crisp, nimble handling, easy parking, unique look, standard ABS, and great availability of aftermarket parts.

Add adjustable seat height and a choice of interior colors.

Not for everybody; great for me
By WML

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had it for two weeks now but I researched for over a year to decide on which car to buy. I wanted just a trendy, fuel-efficient car to "get me there." Nothing else comes close in this class of sub-$15k cars (why is it a 'sedan' here?). And Toyota reliability -- enough said. I drive long distances on weekends and it's great for that. Power/weight ratio makes it light and zippy. Feels very solid, steering is weighty and substantial. The ride is very bumpy, though. You feel everything on the road and it seems like nothing is dampened. I opted for the side airbags, which is an expensive option but better safe than sorry. Fuel economy is less than advertised; maybe 33 on the highway

Tall ride but short wheelbase = easy parking. Power locks/windows are standard, as is 6-cd/mp3 player. I like the simple yet high-tech interior, especially the faux brushed metal accents.

Side airbags, cruise. Also armrest and floormats (yes, they are not standard). I don't like the stereo's interface, either, how it lacks a volume knob -- hard to turn it up/down quickly. Rearview mirror blocks my vision to the right quite frequently. Feels like it's right in my face.

Scion XA
By K.C

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I always bought Hondas because they handle better than the Toyota. The Scion handles great and has reliability of a Toyota. The best of both worlds and great MPG to boot.

Great sound out of the radio and XM satelite is a must. If you have a bad back you will love the seats in this vehicle. Drove 15 hours straight with no back problems.

Would like to see body side mouldings in U.S.A like Japan.