Used 2004 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Bad Wheel Bearings and Tires
By bosco

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

There is a problem with the xA's tires. The 185/65r 15s that it comes with are hard to find and very costy. Also, its wheel bearing are too light for the car. Toyota had this problem with the Echo as well.

The great engine.

The bumper to bumper warranty should provide full coverage, not just for the drivetrain. Stop calling it bumper to bumper...IT IS NOT

I love it, but...
By KKyle

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving my Scion xA a lot, and I do drive a lot, which is why I bought it. I have had maintenance issues with the car, having to replace the whole air conditioning unit (warranty), brake problems (corrected by dealer), and a worn out serpentine belt already (changed ourselves), all with less than 45,000 miles. I have noticed some shift troubles with the car, most noticibly when it is cold of course, but at other times as well, revving the engine to over 4,000 rpm's in 3rd. Other then that (lol) I love it!

The size of the car and gas mileage of course! I can park her anywhere with ease.

A little more room in the back floorboard for those over 5 feet would be great and maybe better front seats? More adjustable choices would be great!

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By ShawnD

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for almost two years and have put 47,000 miles on it thus far with no problems. The xA is very good on gas even though I have a heavy foot at times. I would definitely purchase another one.

The stereo, TRD exhuast, and everything else.

It needs a 2.4 liter engine like the tC.

Recommend Highly!
By LoveMyScion

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xA is agile, fun, safe, and gets fantastic milage. I've had mine for almost 2 years and I still love it! It's a great car for someone who wants style but affordability.

My favorite features are the instrument panel, the hatch, and the over all exterior design of the car.

It needs more comfortable seats. Maybe added lower back support for long trips.

Great Great Great that is all
By Evan

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Scion xA......it is my first car purchase and I couldn't have picked a better car to buy. I love the quality and the reliability that only Toyota can offer. I love the design of both the exterior and the interior. I it small with enough room to carry me and three friends along and the gas mileage is awesome. I was paying so much for gas and now I pay a lot less.

The Pioneer sound system, the center instrument cluster, and the ability to make it match my personality. I also love the color. The Phantom Grey is the best.

The engine power... it is lacking to say the least, but I also get 38 miles per gallon soooooo can't complain too much there.