Used 2004 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Great Affordable Car
By sunflower

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I needed something I could drive and not pay a fortune for gas. I have two kids and its been a great car. My son is now 5 and starting to outgrow the backseat. You definitely don't have enough leg room for a tall person driving and a person in the back seat. Other than that I have had no problems at all with it.

The good gas mileage, the head room, the radio and speakers.

Make more leg room for back seat riders.

Cute as a Button
By Alicia

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love, love, love this car. The gas mileage is fantastic!

The good gas mileage and size.

Offer a few more more options. Cruise control would be nice.

I Liked It Until the Winter
By jonboy

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car because my Eclipse decided to break permanently. I wanted a car that was different and got good gas mileage. It fit the bill. It's surprisingly agile and has a great stereo. I truly loved the car until I drove home from work during a small snow storm. I almost ended up sliding over a cliff. This car is terrible in the snow and rain. It is the only car I've ever felt uncomfortable driving in bad weather. Also, the trim in the interior is always making an annoying vibration sound. I'm going to trade it in after I get a good down payment for a Subaru WRX.

The good gas mileage, reliability, how it keeps a lot of it's trade in value for a vehicle in its class.

Add traction control, better build quality for the interior, and arm rest.

Good, but not Great Value
By ed

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xA is a great commuter car, stick with the stock wheels. I got the 17 inch wheels and regret it every time I go over a bump or rough road.

The hatchback is very practical.

It should have more airbags. The car is small and needs every safety feature out there, don't skimp on this. Give it seats like the Honda Element has.

My Sophie Scion
By Vicki

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this little car. It is fun, zippy, handles well, and is just plain cute. The price is so perfect for everything the car has. The only surprising thing about the car is the cost of tires for such a small one. I know for the price I cannot complain about the fabric quality on the seats. The stereo system is good and the car actually does have quite a bit of room when you need to load the car down. Being an adult and more experienced driver, and living in a big city, I don't mind the highway driving and it is not intimidating. For my youngest driver, I really hesitate to let her drive the interstates. All in all, I do love the car for what I use it for.

The color changing radio, good stereo system, and the feel of a small car.

Nothing.