Used 2008 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

First New Car
By Ice Penguino

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is one hell of a car for the price. It offers great performance and is extremely stylish. I traded up from an old Accord and this is a remarkable improvement. This car does so much right that the complaints are extremely minor. I tell everyone I know about how much I enjoy driving this car.

Dual moonroofs, iPod integration, zippy performance, comfortable seats.

Add a more fuel efficient 6th gear. Doors and hatchback swing too wide between stops. Improved electronics and creature comforts (gauges, climate, defrost efficiency, A/C temp).

Lexus quality at a Kia price
By mike

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the looks,the car attracts a crowd anywhere it's parked.Although it's not a sports car, it's fast enough to be fun to drive.The sun roof is my favorite feature (feature not option). The stereo sounds as good as many aftermarket systems. I know the TC is considered by many a kids car, but I think it is for anyone who wants a fun and reliable car at a good price

Great Buy
By LuvmytC

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first car out of college and I love it. I've had it for a year now and I feel like it is a luxury car without the luxury price. My friends all love it as much as I do. My old car did get slightly better gas mileage but the tC still does pretty well. The sun/moon room is awesome as is the reclining back seat and the hatch back feature gives me plenty of room in the trunk. It does pretty well in the snow. I am very satisfied and would strongly recommend buying a tC.

Sun/moon roof, hatchback, reclining back seats, ipod connector.

Five star car, three star price.
By SATXtC

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After almost two months of ownership, I am definitely glad I got the tC. I used to have a Versa, but it just wasn't the car for me. The tC, though, is. Some people complain about the mileage, but I'm getting mileage comparable to what I got in the Versa. Cornering is a blast, and getting on the highway isn't really a problem. I'm 6' 4", so headroom is a bit tight, but not unbearably so. The ride quality is good for a sport coupe, and the interior is pretty nice; it's well laid out, with all controls easily reachable, and all the gauges are easily read. All in all, for the money, great bang for the buck!

Long list of standard features, interior design and layout, and power/handling.

Come on, Toyota. If you know there is a minor issue with the transmission (stubborn going into reverse), and even put a note about it in the owner's manual, fix the issue! The car could also really use a rear window wiper.

Get a tC now!
By Carlos

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I used to be a VW fanatic but getting into a TC changed the way I look at sport cars. I bought mines used with 18,000 miles. The person that owned the car before must have loved driving it. It came with TRD exhaust and cold air intake. It most certainly changed the feel of the car compared the a stock TC. VERY Sporty, in time this car should catch up like Acura's Integra all it needs is a rear wiper and make it 200 hp stock maybe a 3.2 engine

Curve cutting turns the car makes, fog light kit. Minus the 6 speed trans this car has taken the baton form Celica.

Better seat material, rear wiper. besides that you wont be upset with this car.