Used 2008 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

good car
By brett

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

love it how ever it needs more power

great stock stereo system!

car would have been great if Toyota had added VVTL-i the stock 140 whp just isn't enough to make it quick. 210 stock whp would be great!

great car, period
By rachel buckley

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just love my 2008 Scion tC. I'm in my 50s but I love the sporty look and the pick up it has. It comfortable to drive yet it still has the sporty feel to it. Every time I drive it I realize it was well worth the price tag which wasn't bad at all. Good choice overall!

Moonroof and comfortable seats.

None

Can't beat that
By sportex

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After pitching in a few extra bucks for the TRD parts. I'd say it's worth the extra money to upgrade. Acceleration is proportional to the weight of the car. Enough to get up and go but not so much that you cant control the vehicle. This car looks like a $28k vehicle and gets plenty of looks around town. The sound system is very nice for a factory system. You can't beat the reliability on this vehicle. Having said that, the manual transmission seems to feel like it should have one more gear. The fuel economy seems to suffer when driving in traffic. But overall I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a sports car without the outrageous MSRP and insurance costs.

Factory aftermarket upgrades. Relatively inexpensive replacement parts. Sound system. Dual moon-roofs.

More user-friendly IPod navigation. A little better fuel economy.

Fast/Sprinty car
By Yurimaster

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car as well. I had 2003 Nissan altima 2.5 L engine with 5 speed. Tho the altima is powerful and has good acceleration, my new scion seems to take off quicker and shifts faster. This is do to the lighter weight car and a 2.4 L engine. Most cars with 2.4 L like Camry weigh much more. Car accelerates very quick with out much effort on the accelerator. Smooth clutch and shifting feels firm. Gas miles is about right and all depends on the driver more then any factor and tire pressure. Hold good con curbs and has more sportier feels suspension as to a corolla or standard Camry. Now I really love my car and Toyota makes the most reliable car

Sunroof, handling, performance, and over all looks. This car is built in Japan unlike Camry or Corolla.

Should have made 6 speed standard. Too much base with their pioneer sound system. Sport aluminum pedals should have also come standard since it don't cost much.

An economy car that thinks it's a sport
By Eric

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was going to buy a Mazda3 but the dealer didn't give me enough on my trade in so I went to look at the corolla and I saw the TC and thought it was a 26k car, I had never seen it before or known scion made it, I knew I wanted it right away and bought it the next day. I'm very happy with it but the seats are very uncomfortable, im 6'2. It needs lumbar support. But honestly for 18k you cant get much more with out stealing it.

Sun roof, nice handling, very quick, styling, 33 mpg!

The driver seat needs to go back more, lumbar support, better seat material.