Used 2008 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

This is a Joke
By First and Last time

2008 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I Got this car for my daughter because she liked the style and I knew the car was made by Toyota (I am a toyota man). This car is way over priced. The inside is so cheap. Only 22 mpg. I can not believe that Toyota made this car. I might never buy a toyota again because of this experience.

Style

mpg. better paint. better interior quality. Thousands of dollars less...

'Deep Scanning' a Transmission Meltdown
By Josh

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Everything has been very good except for one thing: the automatic 'transmission' on this car is not very dependable. With the car not yet even 2 years, and the transmission is 'kicking forward' while driving at 35-40 mph and when decelerating. Unfortunately, this only one thing happens to be a major component of the vehicle. Difficult to mask my disappointment with Toyota here, and surely will not. Not quite what I bargained for when this vehicle was purchased. It has enjoyed the luxury of oil changes, minor and major services at scheduled intervals and has been taken well care off so I am not sure what to think of this. It only has 42,000 miles. Its going in for a diagnostic tomorrow.

Sunroof, interior, stock sound system, and hip exterior.

Tire price is a bit excessive, mileage still slightly more efficient on a Honda Civic coupe, and a more reliable transmission--what a bummer.

Still Feels New!
By jst4kix

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my tC in October of '07, so almost 2 years ago. I traded in my '00 Ford Focus for this and let's just say it was a huge upgrade! I feel so confident when I drive my tC, especially when it's perfect weather to open the sunroof and go cruising with the iPOD on shuffle. It's always fun to play around a little bit and floor it when the light turns green...great acceleration! You get so much for the reasonable, no-haggle price. Love it!

Controls on the steering wheel, Standard iPOD hook-up, Dual Moonroof

Everything is great as is! No complaints whatsoever :)

Fun economical car
By Jason M

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car for 1 year and 7 months so far and have had only one issue. The front left brake caliper seized, but was covered under warranty. Other than that oil changes and weekly gas fill-ups and the car runs perfect. Has a lot of leg room in the back seats, but head room may be cramped for anyone over 6'. Audio system sounds great stock, and the build quality is typical Toyota fashion. Great car to own, usually see 28mpg. I would have kept it longer if I didn't want something faster! lol

Decent acceleration, glass roof, audio system, lot's of space with back seats folded down

Suspension is a little "wavy", needs a 6th gear for HWY cruising,

Great ride to have
By xqwerty

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my tC with a super charger so I didn't think that fuel would be that great but I got 27mpg in the winter and get 31mpg in the summer. I have never had a problem with it, that includes having it start outside in - 27degrees with no problem :) The only problem I have come a cross is the vents are hard to direct and the doors don't have a ding gard (now both of my doors have chipped paint) other than that with a sunroof, mp3 wma and ipod ready(w/ cables) radio & kick'n bass, 2.4L S/C engine, and tons of little fitures and millions of after matket accessories ready for you to customize your tC means to me so much. Oh yea and the price is way too low for me to pass up, IT'S A BUY!!!

Sun roof, mp3 radio / sub, dual auto windows, rear folding / tilt back seats

I would go for the super charger and any suspension upgrades (which give you a better feel for the road)