Used 2008 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Great bang for the buck
By Mouse

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 is the second brand new Scion tC that I have purchased. It is a well built vehicle with the Toyota quality. After almost 100,000 trouble free miles on my first one I decided to purchase another brand new one. The 2008 tC was planned to be a performance modified race & show car, of which it is now. Being a mechanic the tC has been one of the easiest vehicles I have ever worked on and maintained. I have seen countless testimonies of owners getting 100-200K and higher miles on the tC with virtually no issues outside of normal maintenance. While no vehicle is perfect, I definitely would say that you get a lot of car and quality for the price.

engine bay layout, upgraded factory Pioneer system with underfloor sub-woofer, interior room I'm 6 foot and have plenty of leg room.

not many on my list, but a rear wiper system for the large rear hatch window would be nice, and better quality in the exterior paint. It does tend to chip more easily than I think it should.

Bestttt Carrr EVER
By Awesomenesss

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first very own car, It is the best choice i have ever made. Picks up speed really fast, very reliable and very fun to drive. I cant imagine anyone not liking this car.

speed, Speakers, Ipod,

nothing is wrong with it

Excellent Choice
By Fred

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this car in 2008 for my daughter. Now going on the third year. Absolutely no problems other than stock tires seem to be wearing a bit. Gas mileage is adequate considering the larger 4cy. For the money this was a wonderful selection. As a bonus, daughter loves the vehicle. I offered to replace it with a 2008 Civic EX-L Coupe but she would not part with the TC. In my mind, that says a lot about the TC. This is one vehicle that Toyota successfully met its target market.

Overall list of features for a vehicle at this price is great.

Original tires are questionable. Also paint can be scratched easily.

The worst car I have ever owned
By William A.

2008 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Although it has a nice interior that is comfortable, the driving experience is ruined by the car catching while shifting. I have had my transmission replaced twice as well as the engine replaced once. This car is under 30,000 miles and only almost a year old! The Toyota dealerships have been terrible about returning phone calls and it has been almost scary to drive. The gears have locked while shifting causing grinding, the car has felt as though it is sliding through corners. I would not recommend this car to anyone! Unless of course they were looking at wasting hours and hours frustrated at their local Toyota dealership. Buyers beware, she looks nice but is really a piece of junk.

R.S. 4.0 special edition. Alcantera seats, moonroofs, awesome stereo (only redeeming quality).

Take a look at the Transmission and Engine. Especially the motor mounts. Also, maybe Toyota should listen to the concerns of their customers not just leave them high and dry while still expecting a check.

TC with TLC
By Arkie

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I can't say enough about this car. Nothing is PERFECT but for the money I can't imagine anyone not being enthralled with this vehicle. Amazingly FUN to drive. It corners like a go cart. Accelerates like a rocket and stops on a dime. Living in the Ouachita Mountain area of Central Arkansas, I drive it on a very curvy road for over 30 miles round trip twice a week at 80 plus mph and hardly ever have to touch the brakes. At 63 years of age it makes me feel like Mario Andretti at La Mann. The exterior paint is a bit touchy and the original tire tread life is pretty short but other than that I have NO complaints. This is a car for all ages who are young at heart and love to drive!

I love it's style. It is a GREAT looking car that is not a cookie cutter copy. GREAT Stereo, super handling, terrific mileage and comfortable even on long trips.

The paint is easily scratched and the original tires will only be good for 25,000 to 30,000 miles. Other than that, I can't find anytime else to improve. GREAT CAR!