Used 2007 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Some Serious Design Flaws
By soooner1

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Sunroof rattled badly from day 1, as did wind deflector. Very irritating with no fix offered at dealers. Service bulletin recommendation may/may not work. Dash is stretched too thin and can see undergrid - appears wavy. Got worse after about 3 months. No dealer support for problem, yet seriously reduces value of vehicle. Ride is a little stiff and road noise is almost intolerable. A little higher profile tire on a 1" smaller diameter wheel might have done it.

performance styling mileage

make a higher quality car or train your inspectors to catch flaws or get new suppliers.

Bought it 2.5 years ago.
By Jonell

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Wish I'd gotten a manual, overall pretty happy with it because of all the extra power windows/locks/sunroof stuff. There seem to be some complaints echoed here that I've been experiencing. When the tire psi is set to the manual specifications, the tire gauge light turns on; the only way to turn it off is by inflating the tires over manual specifications and I don't want to wear out my tires. Don't over fill your coin holder; a coin dropped into the lid reservoir and now the lid won't open the whole way. Went on a road trip with boyfriend and we were both comfortable. Wish radio were a bit more ipod/mp3 player compatible. As a woman, I like the panic button on the key.

Color (black cherry), steering wheel controls, exterior lines, rims, power windows/locks/sunroof, driver seat/area roomy, driver floor mats hooked on so they won't shift around, good trunk space, great maintenance service at the dealership although expensive, from a maker a lot of people trust.

Paint job, a/c controls are odd, hook to allow rear passenger entry in awkward place, rear window rattles, radio cover squeaks, clock light doesn't turn on anymore when headlights go on, rear passenger head space, VERY loud cabin at high speeds.

Pleasantly surprised...
By Bobbyb38

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove this car recently while waiting for my 04 Cavalier to get serviced yet again. I fell in love with this car from the moment I saw it and was stunned at how fun it was to drive. Tight handling, good acceleration, and really cool dash features. Needless to say I traded in my Chevy and am so glad I did. There is simply no comparison in my opinion when driving a Toyota and a GM made car. The difference in quality was apparent as soon as I opened the door. Just a solidly built car with quality parts thru out. If you want a reliable car that's fun to drive, buy this car today!

Moonroof is really Nice, acceleration and cornering are superb (very difficult to drive this car under the speed limit as it begs to be pushed), interior smartly constructed. Great looking car in and out. Slide the seats up and or fold them down and it's amazing the room that opens up in the back!

Paint job is low quality considering how well the rest of this car is built. Plan on a few chips and scratches. Colors are beautiful however, mine is light bl. Mpg @23-way to low many reviews mention the lower horse power and higher road noise compared to hondas etc. I find this a minimal issue overall

not your fathers toyota
By not-a-kid

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Read previous reviews. I have experienced some of the problems, poor clutch feel out of first, radio door cover squeak, road noise with sunroof open but overall a good looking fun car with good economy and reliability. One feature no one has mentioned is easy access to the oil filter. I can change the oil without lifting the car. Try that on your civic/rsx! Could use a rear wiper and more LEDs on the high mount tailight.

Awesome standard wheels/tires, Glass from cowl to trunk lid, snappy shifter for a Toyota, lots of extras are standard!

Smoother clutch, rear wiper, more contoured front "sport seats", zenons, fully lit high mount

Nice and Sweet
By loo11188

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I have had it for 2 years. The only thing that I have found that I do NOT like is that I have had to replace 3 tires due to nails. The funny thing is that it came with Bridgestone tires and I have replaced them with Kelly tires and have had NO problems with the new tires what-so-ever. That can get a little pricey. But all in all i love this car and it doesn't do bad in the snow either.

Steering, head unit, layout