Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Good car
By jason

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very sleek car. The only thing I don't like is there is too much body roll and it could use about 30 to 40 more hp without having to buy a supercharger. All in all, it's a good car in its price range.

The giant moon roof and the console.

Needs more power under the hood, at least 30 to 40 hp.

Fun and refined with few compromises
By Val

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Hard to beat for under 20K. Really, name something as loaded, refined and reliable (as Toyota) for the same price. So far, loving it: put a nav system into the double din - the cover is awesome, less tempting for thieves! Solid as a vault, decent handling, moderate power from 4cyl, averaging around 27 mpg on combination of spirited city driving and 90 mph+ highway cruising.

Panoramic roof, double din radio space, hatchback, reclining back seats!

Paint chips easily, A/C weak when temp over 90F, engine lags then lunges abruptly when taking-off, seats don't lower enough and have inadequate lumbar support, cargo cover on trunk doesnt lift with hatch, sunroof has stupid pinch protection that halts half way when closing, more rims to choose from!

An alternative review
By Scion Owner

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm 2,500 miles into my 2007 Scion tC and I can say I'm pretty happy with my purchase. Most reviews tell you how great the car is, and for the most part, they are true. It's a pleasure to drive and looks great. Not to be negative, I just want to take my chance to inform readers of the flip side. Don't get me wrong, I love 95% of the car, but to offer more insight to prospective buyers, here are the things that irk me: the sunroof cover is cheap. It is made of flimsy canvas and mine broke and came off the track the 2nd/3rd time I used it! Black interior shows every little speck, nearly impossible to keep looking clean. A/C vents aren't placed well, it's hard to get air to blow right on you.

The iPod add-on! Tire pressure warning light is a plus. Hatchback w/ lowering back seats comes in handy. Little storage cut-outs under the back floor. Stereo lid/cover (I have had no problems w/ it). Huge glovebox. Interior lights look nice at night. Ability to customize is a plus.

The iPod interface is cumbersome to navigate, I nearly flip my car every time I want to change songs, more distracting than talking on a cell phone! Factory stereo is quite weak. Glovebox has no light in it. Side storage compartments are nearly useless because of the placement of the side speakers!

The Best Car To Buy
By Play Boy69

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion tC is not only a good looking car but it is very fuel efficient and also low in cost so it's perfect for everyone.

The premium stereo and the engine.

Even more fuel efficient and more room.

Great car!
By Jarman

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have not had any problems so far with my tC. I am currently averaging 27.5 MPG which is great since I drive a mix between highway and city. The car rides very smooth, and gets going really quick. The look is classy yet sporty. Lots of room in the back for people and storage. Headroom for rear passengers is the only problem I could say.

All the standard features, which include a number of features.

More rear headspace.