Used 2007 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Good Buy
By Rick

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my first "brand new" vehicle after many years of battling the constant problems of the unreliability of my other used vehicles. I am ultimately happy with my purchase have no regrets. I love how tight the car drives and how versatile it is since all seat can fold completely flat. It also has ample leg room in the back for passengers and the reclining rear seats are also a plus! Gas mileage is decent considering it's a 2.4L, and one touch windows and a stylish sunroof also are an added plus. It has all the bells and whistles you can ask for within this price point and it is pretty sporty looking sitting on 17" wheels and can go pretty good with 161HP. All not bad for under $17k.

MP3 CD player, aux input for mp3 players, steering wheel audio controls, decent 4 cylinder power, versatility, reclining of all 4 seats, and comfort on long rides.

One touch sunroof, rear wiper, heated side mirrors, and better MPG if possible. Bumper guards along each side of the car to absorb impacts from opening doors from other cars (irritating when others dent your car) .

Never Again
By Scion H8er

2007 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car without even test driving it. After a year, I have noticed problems with it. When you see a Scion, you think it would be a fun driving experience, after a year, I have came to conclusion that it is not much of a driving experience and the styling seems to be a bit bland. Reliability has been top notch but materials do not seem to be top notch.

Reliability.

For the money...
By Tankery

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I couldn't find a half way sporty car for under 20 grand until this came along. It's bland yet cute and has some nice amenities like the glass roof and MP3 output, mp3 CD player - woo hoo!

A nice kick to it. Nice semi-notchy shifter, a tiny sport rumble. Almost good gas mileage - I get right at 30. Handles cool for the most part.

No one touch passenger side window down. I hate this. Lunges ignorantly out of 1st gear-clutch-engine? Stop it! The seats refuse to return to anywhere near where you left them if someone gets in the back! Cryptic up/down arrows for air/stereo etc. Air conditioner is weak.

It just LOOKS nice
By Alicia

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion after 2 test drives and I liked everything about it, the look, features, performance, price etc. However I was disappointed when I began hearing squeaking near the radio and rattling all over the place. After just 7 months I had a problem with a fuse. When I turned on my headlights all of my interior lights would turn off, my car was pitch black at night. Another big disappointment was the weak AC. It blows mildly cool air on the coldest setting. This car has heavy doors and paint that chips/scratches easily. I have to say that aside from all the imperfections the car is pretty decent on gas mileage and the sunroof is a good feature. I guess you get what you pay for.

Sunroof, satellite ready radio, several small storage compartments.

Overall quality of the car, especially the air conditioner.

By far my favorite!!!
By Heather

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my favorite purchase ever! I was looking for something smaller and a little sportier and I couldn't be happier. It has just enough cargo room and I'm surprised at what I've been able to fit in the trunk when I put the back seats down. The doors are nice and long which makes it easy for people to get into the back seat. I have to say that I'm really happy with the amount of interior storage spaces and cup holders, my friends and I use my car to go everywhere and we're always comfortable and we have a lot of fun. The only thing I miss about my previous car is the automatic headlights. When I first bought this car, I kept forgetting to turn the headlights on and off.

The front retractable sun roof and the rear moon roof. It's fun to drive and has great pick up. I love the steering wheel radio controls.

Rear windshield wiper would be helpful, center console is a little noisy at higher speeds, automatic headlights.