Used 2006 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 237 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Nice Ride
By Dave

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a very nice car. I considered 5 different cars with gas mileage and overall performance my main criteria. After all the test drives and comparisons, the tC was the standout choice for standard options and its powerful Camry engine. It is just a few dollars more than the base 2 door Civic and you get so much more. It provides a nice balance of performance and gas mileage for a bargain price.

My favorite features: the powerful engine borrowed from the Camry, 17" alloy rims and performance tires standard, overall styling, and interior room.

none

I love my Scion tC
By Susana

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I simply love this car! I bought it two weeks ago and it is my first new car. I am getting ready to leave for graduate school and I wanted a reliable car that looked good, had many standard features, yet was safe. This car definitely meets all those catagories. The car is also extremely comfortable on long drives and in the city it performs like a dream. Maybe it is the fact that it is my first new car, but I would definitely recommend this car for the first time new car buyer!

I love the iPod ready radio which allows me to listen to all the songs on my iPod. I alos love the audio system controls that are so conviniently located on the steering wheel.

Maybe having electric seating controls. I am sure though that in time this car will only get better.

Excellent Value
By mvh

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is unbeatable for the number of standard features at it's price point. The no-haggle "pure pricing" of the car was a big plus. I passed on all the dealer options except the side curtain airbags and iPod upgrade (which is worth the extra $ IMO). The stock radio is sufficient. This car has a comfortable and uncomplicated interior design. I like the convenience of having a hatchback. Everyone who has sat in back says the back seats are very comfortable. While I've read other reviews complaining about blind spots, I haven't found it to be a problem. The ride is comfortable and the engine is plenty peppy enough for me. It has good handling and a good turning radius

I love the steering wheel stereo controls, iPod upgrade, panoramic sunroof, audible seatbelt reminder, and aux and power jacks in the center console.

The door handles should be further to the rear of the door. Add a rear window wiper and an interior trunk latch. Power seats would be nice.

Rob's tC
By Rob

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For the price, the value is amazing. It has a great stereo. The sunroof system is very good with two glass panels to let in the light. The sunroof wind noise is far less than in my 2003 Mini Cooper. I drove nearly 900 miles in one day. The seat adjustments are excellent, especially when you consider that I believe the seats are more comfortable than those in my BMW M3. My friends compliment the brightness of the headlights, even with the fog lights off. It even has an arm rest with sweet sections to hide things so those outside can't see them!

The handling, stereo, fold down rear seats, 17" wheels with Yokos, remote key system and price. I love buying regular gas again. The arm rest for my Mini is extra and not as well designed as the Scion arm rest system.

Fix the sunroof rattles. Add a sixth speed. Make the strut tower bar standard.

Sporty / Luxury Car
By panday

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

l like the radio,air conditioning, etc set-up, it's neat. l also like the exterior front and side but not much in the rear.

The sunroof, moonroof, turn signals on the side mirrors, and exterior design.

It needs to have less curb weight, better gas mileage, and more head room (which will not make the present "car height" increase) for tall drivers 5'10" and up.