Used 2006 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 237 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Black Cherry Pearl
By Gil

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

There is so much that you can do to the Scion tC. I have had the tC for about 5 months now. I still cant make up my mind on what I want to do to it.

I think that the Black Cherry Pearl looks beautiful with tinted windows (15) The fog lights, and the big spoiler in the back. I know that those are all add ons but still. The steering wheel controls ROCK!

my scion tC
By my scion TC

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new Scion, the only way I can describe the fun I have with it, is that there is no way to describe how fun it is unless you get your own. Scion cars will be the next Lexus, or the new Mercedes for the years to come, but you wont have to pay an arm and a leg for the car of your dreams. Scion tCs are deffinetly eye catching, and are awesome to drive. I plan on getting another tC soon but the next one will be manual and supercharged. I will show people what this car can do, and what its capability is. Whether it be on a straight away or on the drift course. This car can do it!

The safety features, how it is roomy even for a compact car, how it's upgradeable, the engine that can get up and go, style of body, sun and moonroof, stereo, dash instruments, rims, gosh I think I like it all.

Make a turbo for the automatic.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By bc8512

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The tC is a great car! I've owned it for one year and I love it. It is fun to drive and peppy. My freinds and co-workers all want to drive it. It has only one minor problem which is a squeek under the dash below the steering column at times. I bought this car to commute to work and enjoy the ride, even in traffic. It has a great stance and looks somewhat like a BMW. What you get for the money in this car cannot be beat by any manufacurer. It will last because it's a Toyota. A co- worker has tried to by a used one but can't find one except for $2,000 more than what I paid new. That should speak volumes about the resale value. I highly recommend this car.

Fun to drive and looks good doing it.

Give it a higher quality upholstery. The drivers seat fabric is ruffled a bit from getting in and out.

10,000 Miles, 6 Month Review
By Jeff

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just hit 10,000 miles after six months of driving everyday. The tC is a great car, fun to drive, averaging 27-28 miles per gallon, or 350 miles per tank. Did I mention that it is fun to drive? It offers more room than most two door sport cars. My biggest complaint is that it rattles. First the radio (dealer fixed it) now behind my head in the head liner area. It is going to the shop this week. The iPod radio is great. I have no regrets.

The five speed transmission, iPod radio, comfort, and fun factor.

Fix the rattles and provide the option to get a leather interior.

My first purchase
By Anthony

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven a '98 Corolla for the past 7 years and the occasional Camry drive, so it was difficult to push me out of the Toyota family. When I went to buy a new car I narrowed it down to the under $22,000 range because I didn't want to spend THAT MUCH on a car, though I probably can easily. I ended up test driving the '06 Impreza, and this car and it was quite easy. The Civic was another option and a relative had recently bought one so I got to play with that a bit. But it was really easy to decide. The tC has way more features, the looks, and the Toyota Camry reliability in it for the same price.

I like the proven engine design, sporty looks, sun and moonroofs, and price.

The fuel economy could be better, wish it came in a sedan, more distinct edges in the back though the lip spoiler does the job.